stunthanger.com
News:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 19, 2014, 01:57:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great but small contest.  (Read 307 times)
Ty Marcucci
Trade Count: (0)
Admiral

« on: July 29, 2012, 02:55:47 PM »

My wife and I belong to a group called the OSDA (Overseas Square Dance Association) which had it's 50th reunion in Lexington , KY this week. In fact just got home about three hours ago. While there, pure serendipity, there happend to be a CLPA contest on Saturday, so I took two planes.  I think several that had planned to attend actually believed those morons we call weathermen. They never go outside to actually see the clouds or feel the heat, etc, they go by some  one else's guess via the internet. The weather was great , but the usual gusts of wind were there, for all of us. NO crashed models, but I did give three thrills to the observers.  The judging was top notch, the flying was fun.  I did experience one strange phenomenon though. I have never had my lines actually vibrate so bad my handle shook and the plane would not react quickly, but suddenly.
My Tucker 4 will be retired after this. It is terrible in the wind.
Several NATS planes were in contention.  I made a 240 dollar savings with a real great buy. A complete and in basic white full fuse Cavalier and a new in the box Aero Tiger .36. That's a big difference from those two at full price.
So if the weather man scared you from going to this contest you missed out.  Great site and I have to say that the instructions (map) to the flying site by Wynn Paul were MUCH better than those from my Garmin GPS thingy, MUCH better.  Hoff Coffee y1

Ty Marcucci

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: