News:

• April 16, 2024, 11:52:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thursday night's at the man cave.  (Read 22967 times)

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Thursday night's at the man cave.
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2012, 11:39:31 PM »
Sadly, all we had tonight was BBQ chicken, Tri-tip, roasted peppers, corn, butternut squash, and a fabulous cheesecake (thanks Ralph!).  We starved, I tell you!  The standards must be raised back to all their Chili Dog heights!   >:D  VD~  S?P

Mike Alurac was the sous-chef, and Antone Kephart ran the BBQ grill (only the 2ft x 3ft version of Warren's Santa Fe style BBQ) (his big one is 4ft x 6ft, but then there is the 7 ft tall smoker)

Oh, and then there was a sampling of Warren's first attempts at wine.  No we won't be making a lot of salads.  LL~
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Warren Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2012, 11:58:56 AM »
Yes, we had a good time last night. But next week will be very special for me. Eric Rule will be presenting me with the Dougles Barton
award for my contributions to C/L. I can't tell you how proud I am about this.
So please anyone who would like to attend come and have a great time at the Mancave.
W.W.

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2012, 10:13:11 PM »
Good food, good time and good people tonight.
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline Michael Alurac

• Lieutenant
  • AMA 63056 kotrc.org2013-2014 & 2020 President
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2012, 10:45:44 PM »
Douglas Barton Award presented to Warren Walker at tonight's mancave build night dinner. Great job Warren you are an asset to the CL Model Airplane hobby here in So Cal. Keep it up and thank you and Ramona for tonight's amazing Pizza and Lasagna dinner and hospitality! Keep up the good work and it was great to see all of you there.

Mike "Alley" Alurac

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »
Congradualations Warren for an award well deserved.  There are probably mnany more out there waiting for you.  Hope to see you guys soon at VSC.   May not fly, but will be at the banquet, hopefully.   Seems the harder I work the further behind I am getting. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Phil Hawkins

• Commander
  • 909 276 0283
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »
What a fun time, as always, at the Mancave... last night was, of course, much more than a build night. But ever since we started out in a one car garage at Warren's house to the treasure trove of control line that is now the Mancave, it was especially meaning full this time.

A great time! many laughs, great food, fine wines (ok, I promise not to bring my "girlfriends wine" next time!) a toast to Bill Heyworth, a gift from one friend to another... we talk business, politics, high finances, jokes, laughs and it is always a fun thing to harass Bill Byles...

Congratulations Warren on the Douglas Award.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 08:02:43 PM by Phil Hawkins »

Offline Kim Mortimore

• 2013 Supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2012, 06:24:33 PM »

Warren,

I'm curious how much actual building y'all have time for.  Is it more a show-and-tell and problem solving session for projects in progress?  All this assumes the wine comes later of course.

Jealous in Santa Clara

A generous friend with a big-a$$ workshop is a good friend to have.  Socrates
Kim Mortimore
Santa Clara, CA

Offline Warren Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
Kim,

I personaly don't get much buildlng done on Thursdays, but Larry Renger, Dave Kick, and John Wright do get alot accomplished.

Dennis Colman, Antone Kephart. Perry, Mike Alurac, Mike Constner, Bill Biles, Frank Marten and myself, would rather drink wine and eat. but We talk about C/L alot if that helps.

Whatever the recipe is that we have come up with to have a great time on Thursdays, it works.

I posted on the Doug Barton thread about what an honor it is for me to be recognized by my friends and fellow C/L guys for my contrubitions to our sport, all I can say  is, it's my pleasure.

W.W.

Offline Kim Mortimore

• 2013 Supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2012, 09:52:12 PM »

...I posted on the Doug Barton thread about what an honor it is for me to be recognized by my friends and fellow C/L guys for my contrubitions to our sport, all I can say  is, it's my pleasure.

W.W.

Warren,
Congratulations on that honor!  If you ever feel your ears burning, it's likely to be Larry Fernandez singing your praises to the guys up here in our neck of the woods.
Kim Mortimore
Santa Clara, CA

Offline Michael Alurac

• Lieutenant
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2012, 10:45:10 PM »
Thanksgiving feast at Warren's tonight - Thank you Warren for a great turkey dinner and yes the gravy was great! Looking forward to the prime rib next month!!!

Sorry guys, no pics, we wouldn't want you all to drool all over your keyboards :)..........

Mike "Alley" Alurac

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2012, 11:11:45 PM »
And my thanks to Warren for soldering my Torquette landing gear.  With my shaky hands, I can't seem to get the workpiece, iron and solder all in the same location at the same time.   :-\  HB~>

DesignMan

John Gluth

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2012, 07:13:32 PM »
Thanksgiving feast at Warren's tonight - Thank you Warren for a great turkey dinner and yes the gravy was great! Looking forward to the prime rib next month!!!

Sorry guys, no pics, we wouldn't want you all to drool all over your keyboards :)..........

Mike "Alley" Alurac
Mike reminded me, I took photos. #^
Thank you Warren!  John

Offline Warren Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »
Old port and aged beef.

Last night at the mancave I think we set a new high or low on the "Do moderation to excess scale."

We had around 13 willing participants to devourer a 18 lb prime rib that I dry aged for 21 days.

Included was Butternut squash soup,home made cream corn, dinner rolls, mashed potato's, ajou and home made banana bread

from Howard's daughter, Needless to say we all ate like kings.

It was a great kickoff to the Christmas season.

W.W.

Offline Michael Alurac

• Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2013, 09:38:39 PM »
After noticing an open forum topic on "slow traffic" I've been prompted to pick backup on this thread and thank Warren and Ramona Walker for the great after "AMA Expo" dinner Saturday night at the man cave to bring this thread back to the forefront. Yes I know it was Saturday night but I'm stoking this thread back up just the same.

Joined by the excellent company of topnotch CL designers, builders, fliers and hobby enthusiasts we were treated to an outstanding Spanish paella along with some smoked baby back ribs and chicken were once again we experienced "moderation in excess"; the man cave mantra. This excellent dinner complete with all of the trimmings was topped off with a fine bottle of Portuguese Porto, Quarles Harris Tawny Port.

Along with all of the good eats and company we viewed CL plans, spoke of old control line stories and the hobby in general for the most part of the evening.

I just wanted to say it again, Thank you Warren!

Mike "Alley" Alurac

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2013, 03:03:01 AM »
Hear, Hear. Expo night was my Dad's first visit to Warren's as well as my son Michael's. Michael quickly recalled that Warren was the best part of our controline contests as he made the best cheeseburgers he catered them back then! My first time was Thursday before the Saturday bash and I loved every aspect of the idea and will try to make more of them for sure.
Mike, thanks for the post and everything.
And thanks to Warren and Ramona, our fabulous hosts...
Chris...

Offline Warren Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2013, 07:13:09 PM »
Chris,It was great having you, Michael, and your dad up at the mancave.
 Your Dad is a hoot, I could talk to him for hours.
Anytime you can make it over on a Thursday we would  love to have ya.

If you bring Michael I will make him one of those cheeseburgers.

W.W.

P.S   To Mike " Alley" Alurac you are certainly welcome, You are a great addition to our Thursday knight crew.

thanks for all you do.

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2013, 03:35:10 PM »
Thursday nights at Warren's are the best. Took my wife once to see the man-cave and meet Warren and Ramona.  She must have given her stamp of approval because I have been allowed to go back on my own.  Also took my two girls and they loved it, and they love Buttercup! (Hey Warren if your dog is ever missing after my girls come to build night give me a call - Buttercup might be stashed somewhere in my car!).  I will show up every time I can steal away from work early...

Paul Wescott

Pictures of Warren, his Paella (in the SMALL pan), and a gallon jar of his home-made dill pickles just might be attached to this post...

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2013, 01:12:33 AM »
Hi Warren,
Is this Thursday, July 18th, a Mancave night?
Chris...

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2014, 08:43:44 PM »
Update - Thursday Nov 6th.

Menu
Appetizers: Fresh popped salted popcorn from the machine that makes the best, plus homemade garlic-cayenne dill pickles (Yum...YUM).
Main Course: Tri-Tip, Ribs, and Garlic Toast all grilled, plus Black Beans, Baked Potatoes, and Salad.
Desert: Chocolate Cake and Key Lime Pie.

I'm still full.  My daughter Leanna is mad that I sent her pictures of my plate!

Pictures attached I hope.

Paul Wescott

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2014, 01:33:05 AM »
I wish I could go up to Warrens on Thursday nights but its the only night per week I am home. I go to my Mom's at 7 pm to watch Jepardy and Wheel of fortune. She is 91 and comes first.
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73

Offline louie klein

• Commander
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2014, 09:29:40 AM »
Hey guys! This Fri. is our first build nite with (so far) 4 C/L lovers. We belong to the "Virginia Aero Modelers". Our club dos it all but a sign on my garage wall says "ONLY C/L SPOKEN HERE!". We enjoy building from kits and scratch, no instant gratification here. Build'em in the winter and cash'em in the summer(HA, Ha) that's me. I'll keep you updated on projects. Have a good winter guys.------Louie

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2015, 11:17:59 PM »
Last night's menu:
Romaine salad with Walker's Homemade Bleu Cheese Dressing (I watched him make it) and topped with more Bleu cheese crumbles (I watched him crumble it), pork roast on the grill, tri-tip on the grill, creamed corn, Walker's special chili-rice (rice cooked in a delicate yet manly reduction of beef broth, cumin, red pepper flakes, and green chilis, all puréed with a tiny outboard motor or immersion blender or something).
Yum-Yum!
Dessert was segmented apples topped with Trader Joe's triple-cream Brie baked until you could feel the love, SO decadent even our resident triathlon-er Antone had thirds!  And of course chocolate ice cream.
There was plenty of wine flowing through the aerator and into the ship's decanter, and thence into the glasses and wine-holes of the drinkers in attendance.  As the late Robin Williams would have described it "Absurd yet Flaccid".
There were plenty of airplanes being worked on and waiting to be worked on.  And a couple hundred gallons of Warren's Private Vintage Man-Cave Year 2 (wine) fermenting away underneath one of the benches...
Pictures below, I hope:

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2015, 06:19:30 AM »
Thursday nights at Warrens Man Cave are always excellent. Just wish I could go. Thursday nightsnfor now are spent watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune with my 91 yr.old mother. You don't argue with Mom!
Bill Morell
Vietnam 72-73

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2015, 08:27:28 AM »
those guys are spoiled.  I am jealous.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2015, 11:49:47 PM »

Oh No they guy with the Smart Phone attended twice in a row!  Not more pictures!!!

Now for the bad news: Our friend and fellow Knight of the Round Circle Sir Bob Werle passed away yesterday, Wednesday 2/4/2015.  He was my Co-VP last year and he was absolutely the best Co-VP a guy could ever hope to have.  He will be missed.  Missed by those of us who are jealous of the fact that right this minute he is flying with Dale Kirn, Tom Lay, Bob Palmer, Hi Johnson, Bill Netzeband, Allen Brickhaus, Marvin Denny, Bob Gieseke, and so many other great flyers.  When he's done flying he'll wander down to a a fully stocked hobby shop and pick up an arm-load of 6-pound balsa of various grains and a brand new O.S. Max 35-S which Tom Lay will magic for him while they share a couple of brews, and Bob will commence building a new plane that will be straighter and lighter than any that came before.  God Speed Bob.

Warren Walker is going to take several pieces of empty rifle brass (.308?) and have them engraved and polished, then filled with Bob's ashes, capped with a brand new boat-tail and handed out to a few close friends.  And one of those tiny urns is going to go flying.  Installed in a plane that Warren and Dennis and I don't know who else built for Bob just before he passed, we're all going to take turns giving Bob a few last flights with the club.

Dinner in the man-cave tonight was in honor of Bob Werle.  On the menu: a Prime Rib roast the size of a baby rhino and lovingly aged two weeks before cooking, three rotisserie chickens just in case literally everyone showed up, baked potatoes, fresh asparagus steamed with blood oranges, salad fit for a king topped with Warren's crazy-good home-made Bleu cheese dressing, and for dessert Larry Renger baked us a delicious Angel Food cake used as the foundation of the world's best strawberry shortcake ever.  I know Bob was with us and  I'm sure he approved of the spread.

Paul Wescott
Pics attached (I hope)
Pics are being problematic...

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2015, 11:52:04 PM »
The rest of the pics...

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2015, 11:34:13 PM »
Tonight's menu:  Paella.  Nuff said.  One guy (a newbie) had FOUR servings.  Then Larry Renger did his "Dessert Whisperer" thing and toaster waffles met Breyer's ice cream.  A different guy (a regular), ate THREE of those.  Looking forward to the next time...

Larry Renger applied laser-printed decals to his almost finished black and yellow Bob Hoover themed p-51.
Dave kick showed off s new Evolution 36 CL motor before he disassembles it, cleans it out, and makes sure everything is smooth and pretty inside.
Warren dunked a "Wine Thief" into several 5 gallon bottles of Warren's home-made "Man Cave Year 2" to extract enough for a small decanter.  According to the wine-ologists who did the sampling the sulfides can still be tasted but the 5-week old wine is all coming along nicely.  All of the tasters were pretty happy after tasting a few varieties, maybe a little too happy!

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2015, 06:52:40 PM »
On Sat July 11th Warren Walker and his band of merry men held a Man Cave wine bottling party.  They busted out multiple 5 gallon Carboys of red wine that has been fermenting in the Man Cave since Aug 2014.  The crew washed bottles, siphoned wine, and corked bottles.  Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Petite Syrah, and Sangiovese.  264 Bottles total.  Then we ate grilled butterflied PRIME RIB...

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2015, 07:02:24 PM »
Dinner after the wine bottling party, cooked by Warren himself, was  grilled butterflied Prime Rib, home-made mashed potatoes (made with cream cheese, sour cream, and of course butter), and green salad with blue cheese dressing and blue cheese crumbles.  All followed by Larry Renger's home-made strawberry shortcake with hot-rodded customized pound cake (extra egg / extra pudding!), rum-soaked berries, and hand-crafted whipped cream by Larry's lovely and generous wife...

Warren's cooking is why many people are NOT vegetarians!

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2015, 08:37:45 PM »
Kinda' makes me want to move back to So. Cal. - - maybe.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2015, 10:59:11 PM »
Tonight at the Man Cave:  Warren Walker has gone and done it.  He has retired from the custom sheet metal business.  The auction is over, and the big shop is empty.  Everybody is tired so dinner is a variety of stuffed hot dogs (cheese and Jalapeņo) wrapped in bacon, plus chili & cheese, and of course Warren couldn't pass up producing home-made potato salad with hard boiled eggs, cheese, and Yukon Golds grown in his own garden.

On to the next chapter of life.  The small shop is rented and the remaining equipment moved in.  Warren will work a couple of days a week turning out high quality parts for existing customers.  He and his lovely wife will also play golf every week and ride their off-road quads, camp, and fish when they schedule the time.  The Man Cave Thursday's (every other) will continue and Warren claims the food will get even better because being retired (mostly) he will have all day to cook!  He specifically mentioned smoked meats.  Yum!  Tonight Warren is focused on the KOTRC(.org) Knight's Joust CL Contest this weekend Sat & Sun where he is planning to fly his venerable Hawker Hunter.

Also send at the Man Cave were several bottles of Man Cave Year 3 red wine with the new labels attached.  Nice Work Mike Alurac and Apollo Printing & Graphics, and Nice "Cave Man" Larry Renger!  HEY!  How did that model airplane get in that picture...?

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2015, 11:26:50 PM »
Actually, some model building does happen on Man Cave night! Hard to believe, but true. John Wright built a Blackhawk Models OT stunter there, recovered his Boxcar Chief, and has reworked a couple of engines.

Dave kick has worked on his Blackhawk Skyrocket and a Cardinal, plus progressing on a WAY OVERDUE trio of RSM P-51 kits generously donated by RSM for an IROC type event still waiting for the models to be complete.

Mike Jones has been seen to have balsa and sndpaper in the same viscinity.

I usually wait to do spray painting in Warren's spray booth.

Today, I started building a new ET-1. Although the original 4 are still flyable, it it time to freshen up the fleet! Also, a lot of the P-51 work and finishing was done there.

With power tools, workbenches, rapidly improving home made wine and world class BBQ who could resist?

And no, we aren't telling you where Warren lives!  VD~

DesignMan

Offline Joe Hamorski

• New Pilot
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2015, 01:20:08 PM »
You call it a build/dinner night. So the basic agenda is dinner S?P, chat 8) and build /DV? Is everyone helping to build one plane or do they bring their own project to the evening? :!
Sounds like a wonderful idea y1

Thank you
Joe in Orlando

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2015, 03:20:40 PM »
Everybody brings their own project.  Recently:
Larry Renger - RSM P-51 SCALE electric in Hoover Yellow.
Dave Kick - Blackhawk Models Grumman Skyrocket and I think the backup project is a Viking with a NIB OS 40 FP.
John Wright - Repairing Silk/Dope wing tips of a Boxcar Chief (yeah that makes the shop smell good).
Warren Walker - Getting the Hawker Hunter back in shape for the contest TODAY.
Mike Jones has been seen sanding some parts,
Dennis Coleman has been seen sanding a stack of ribs into shape,
Phil (last name forgotten, sorry Phil) has been mechanicking/fiddling with an old McCoy 40.
Yours Truly - The last part I created was a wing blank for a clone of a Vitamin 1/2A hollow log model.
Antone Kephart has been working on (restoring) a TR-6 which doesn't really count because he doesn't stand a chance of EVER FINISHING because British sports cars ALWAYS need something fixed.
Anyway that's a partial list of "Work" that gets done in between the wine and food...

Paul W.

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2015, 04:26:20 PM »
Last time I was there Bill Byles was sanding his plane. It's Phil Hawkins that's fiddling with the McCoy
Bill Morell
Vietnam 72-73

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2015, 04:58:26 PM »
Wowwww....I gotta get to know this guy.
Here I am munching a cuke and hummus and I see all this meat-glory and dessert-decadence.
I truly am impressed.

And envious.

Shug the Ravenous
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2015, 08:50:48 PM »
Last Thursday was a big dinner/build group.  20 Attendees total.  The menu was:
Larry Renger brought a couple different kinds of crackers with Port Salut cheese and Cambazola triple-cream blue cheese as appetizers,
Cowboy Steaks (Prime Rib sliced into steaks and cooked over actual flaming logs),
A mix of Fried Onions, Mushrooms and Garlic in their own gravy to top the steaks (Sooo good),
A small rack of BBQ baby back ribs, and a couple of BBQ chickens (some of us don't do beef so well),
Baked potatoes, Butter, Sour Cream, Chives, AND Freshly Fried Bacon (Warren goes all out),
Corn (not just corn, Mana from Heaven),
Green salad,
King's Hawaiian dinner rolls,
Joe Scuro donated Four (4) kinds of pie from Corky's: Blueberry, Apple, Cherry, and Pumpkin (Blueberry won the popularity contest),
A great big tub of peppermint bark.

At 6pm PST Warren called up Bob Hunt to say Hi, see how he is feeling, and explain how very cold it is here (61-degrees F outside at 6pm).

Of course there were several bottles of wine in attendance, but their number dwindled quickly.

Warren is getting very close to finishing his 1963-1/2 Ford Galaxie XL 500 390 Automatic.  We took turns sitting in it and pretending it was ours.

Up next: The KOTRC Christmas Party Friday December 18th at Angelo & Vinci's in Fullerton.

Goodnight...

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2015, 08:52:44 PM »
And the Galaxie photos...

Offline Warren Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2015, 11:52:30 PM »
I purchased this car 25 years ago from the brother of the woman who was the original owner. (She passed away about a year before)
The car was in the valley (Van Nuys Ca.) just a few miles from the plant where it was built.
The car only had 108,000 mi.

When I got it home, I thought I was doing a good thing by putting some 104 in the tank
to blow out the cobwebs, long story short, I blew the head gasket. After pulling the motor to rebuild, I thought I might as well
do the trans also. Three weeks later I had the whole car disassembled.

After moving our sheet metal shop four times over the last 25 years, I some how managed to keep all the bits and pieces
and finally put it back together. This was a complete nut and bolt frame off restoration, nothing was left untouched.

Now my wife and I are looking forward to do doing lots of car shows and cruising.  W. W.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2015, 09:05:01 AM »
You guys are so lucky.   Love the Ford and makes me think of my Ford Fairlaine 64 289 4 speed I used to have.  With the money I've spent on cars could have rebuilt it many times.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2015, 10:45:18 AM »
And the Galaxie photos...

My late childhood friend had one of these with a 427, dual quads, four on the floor and a 411 (I think) rear end in it. Went like stink! But it wouldn't pass a gas station! LL~ LL~ LL~
His was black. Sure wish I had that car today......I can afford the gas!

Jerry

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2015, 09:28:24 PM »
Thopse pictures are very cruel , to a starving biafran . Though the Galaxie ones  kinda redeems it ,

Can we fit a set of headers , use truck rims , and run it in Vintage Nascar , please .  ;D

We'll take care of it , Honest !  ;)

Offline Warren Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2015, 09:49:18 PM »
Here I am munching a cuke and hummus and I see all this meat-glory and dessert-decadence.
I truly am impressed.

And envious.

I truly am impressed.

And envious.

Shug the Ravenous
Shug the Ravenous

Shug, If you ever find yourself in So Cal, please look me up.
You would fit in very well with our group. W.W.

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2016, 11:10:57 PM »
Warren is THE MAN when it comes to grilling meat! Tonight it was Top Sirloin grilled on his "small" Santa Fe style BBQ. Salad, BBQ style baked beans and cinnamon rolls for dessert. Maximum yumness!  #^

John Wright worked on a Ringmaster fuselage, and I sprayed the epoxy on my Ringmaster. In addition, I made some progress on a replacement for one of the club's ET-1s. After all these years, one finally got too tatty to bother repairing it. Plus there have been a few minor improvements.

DesignMan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here