News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:59:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WOW! The Fire Eagle Graphics!  (Read 9824 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
WOW! The Fire Eagle Graphics!
« on: July 26, 2012, 07:00:38 PM »
It's not all the time I get to do work like this. Thought I would share.

Paul's Christen Eagle is 33% scale and was only white before applying these graphics.

Paul lives in the UK and has my graphics on many models but nothing quite like this.

He did a great job applying the stuff also.

Gotta tell ya, this set can be sized to fit just about any CL model also.

Thanks for taking the time and the look.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
Re: WOW! The Fire Eagle Graphics!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 08:35:23 AM »
OMG!  Thats totally cool.  Must be a good feeling to see your work on such a beautiful model. H^^

Glenn,

I've seen my work on beautiful modeles for over 17 years. Some winners at scale events and some not.

Paul is special, we go back a great number of years and I've followed his interest and advancment with his hobby, R/C modeling.

Here's another sample of modelers airplanes that feature my graphics and paint masks.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/profile.cfm?section=gallery&memid=11343

Thanks for the kind words.

Charles
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 09:29:41 AM »
Those are some beautiful airplanes.  Hard to believe those are all vinyl graphics!
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 07:19:02 PM »
Are these paint masks or colored stickers?
Paul Smith

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 05:39:52 AM »
Are these paint masks or colored stickers?

Paul,

What you see for "color" are vinyl graphics, peel n stick. Not paint masks.

The model is Scale. Graphics were made from photos plus measurements of the actual aircraft.

The actual aircraft is in the USA. That one has all graphics done with paint. I don't know who designed the scheme.

Charles

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 06:28:47 AM »
Are the stick-up graphics single color only or can they be multi-color designs?
Paul Smith

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 12:51:25 PM »
Are the stick-up graphics single color only or can they be multi-color designs?

Paul,

Printed graphics can be multi colored, just like a family photo. Done with printer's ink, clear layer of vinyl for protection. 5 mil thick.

Opaque vinyl, available in about 70 colors, can be layered for multi colors, no printer's ink, 2 mil to 2.5 mil thick. No clear layer of vinyl needed.

Charles

Edit:

Thickness correction

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:30:10 PM by Avaiojet »

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 01:54:32 PM »
Paul,

Printed graphics can be multi colored, just like a family photo. Done with printer's ink, clear layer of vinyl for protection. 5mm thick.

Opaque vinyl, available in about 70 colors, can be layered for multi colors, no printer's ink, 2mm to 2.5mm thick. No clear layer of vinyl needed.

Charles

Cause 2 MM is .078 of a inch thicker than 1/16

Charles I think you ment 0.002 and 0.0025 thick
AMA 12366

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 04:48:51 PM »

2 Mill

Robert,

Thanks for the correcton.

steven yampolsky

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 01:48:09 PM »
I'm still confused: do these graphics go on a model before or after clear? Will these graphics "stick up" above the surface?

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 03:29:23 PM »
I'm still confused: do these graphics go on a model before or after clear? Will these graphics "stick up" above the surface?

Steve,

Thanks for the inquiry.

I always suggest that graphics be applied on top of the final clear coat. Any damage to them, and they can be replaced easily, or changed for that matter.

Some modelers prefer applying a couple of coats of clear over the graphics. The edge gets smoother this way. Like with a paint edge.

Vinyl can be .002 to .003 mil think, depending on the brand and purpose. So, you would feel the edge.

However, the vinyl edge isn't really noticable from a few feet away.

This link...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/profile.cfm?section=gallery&memid=11343

All of these models are CFC Graphics applied by the modeler/builder. They just get them in the mail! A few are paint masks.

Steve, thanks again.

Charles

Offline Andrew Saunders

• Commander
  • 2013 Nats
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 05:58:33 PM »
Steve. Charles does great work. He made the graphics for my new plane

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 06:51:08 AM »
Steve. Charles does great work. He made the graphics for my new plane

Andrew,

I just saw this, thank you for that.

Charles

Steve,

I don't know if you have been back in the Forum or if you filled your graphics needs? Here's a few of my models with a clear coat "over" the applied graphics. Some modelers clear them and some don't.

This ARF Nobler has applied graphics and they will "not" get a clear coat.

Let me know if you need help.

Charles

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here