stunthanger.com
News:
Tulsa Gluedobbers Controline Championships
September 27 & 28 2014. For more information go to www.tulsacl.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 20, 2014, 07:56:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: What do you use in your ultrasonic cleaner?  (Read 679 times)
frank mccune
Trade Count: (0)
Commander

« on: May 22, 2012, 10:49:42 AM »

Hi:

What works well in an ultrasonic cleaner to clean engines?

Tia,

Franchi

RandySmith
Admiral

Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 11:25:57 AM »

Hi:

What works well in an ultrasonic cleaner to clean engines?

Tia,

Franchi

NOt much will work there, if you want to clean the engine buy a gallon can of Berrymans carb cleaner, it has a dip tray and work great.
You can also use antifreeze in a crock pot and that will also clean the parts of your engine

Randy
RandySmith
Admiral

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 11:28:28 AM »

By the way Ultrasonic cleaners are  really the best way I have ever found to clean drafting pens such as the RapidOgarphs or any technical drawing pen that you use India inks in
Use it with a solution of Simple green, best way I have ever found to clean things like pens

Randy
Allan Perret
2014 Supporters
Admiral

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 11:32:51 AM »

NOt much will work there, if you want to clean the engine buy a gallon can of Berrymans carb cleaner, it has a dip tray and work great.
You can also use antifreeze in a crock pot and that will also clean the parts of your engine

Randy
What is the cleaning agent in antifreeze ?

Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana
Tom Niebuhr
AMA Member
Admiral

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 11:46:48 AM »

Rapidograph pens can also be ultrasonic cleaned using Windex. This was recommened to me by a drafting supply business.

AMA 7544
RandySmith
Admiral

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 01:31:07 PM »

Rapidograph pens can also be ultrasonic cleaned using Windex. This was recommened to me by a drafting supply business.

Yep did that, except simple green works about 50 times better and faster  :-)

Randy
Brian Hampton
Commander

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 09:10:13 PM »

I use CLR Oil and Grease Remover....it comes in the black bottle.
50+AirYears
Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 12:43:06 AM »

Just cleaned a few engines tody using something I read about in an FM a few years ago.  Dawn Power Disolver.  Spray it on, let set 4 or 5 minutes, and brushed it off with an old toothbrush and soapy water.  Cleaned off 20_ year old Castor based crud and dirt.
At work, we always filled the US cleaner with water, then put the items or circuit boards to be cleaned in a separate container with usually Isopropyl Alcohol.  The cleaner's manual had several warnings against puting ANY flammable liquid direct into the tank.  And for best results, the water level had to be at least up to the fill line, to make sure the liquid level was higher than the top of the Tranducer(s).

Tony
RandySmith
Admiral

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 02:17:25 PM »

Just cleaned a few engines tody using something I read about in an FM a few years ago.  Dawn Power Disolver.  Spray it on, let set 4 or 5 minutes, and brushed it off with an old toothbrush and soapy water.  Cleaned off 20_ year old Castor based crud and dirt.
At work, we always filled the US cleaner with water, then put the items or circuit boards to be cleaned in a separate container with usually Isopropyl Alcohol.  The cleaner's manual had several warnings against puting ANY flammable liquid direct into the tank.  And for best results, the water level had to be at least up to the fill line, to make sure the liquid level was higher than the top of the Tranducer(s).

Caution...Power Dissolve will rust and corrode any iron,steel, parts or any other metal that will rust, it will also corrode your alum9num parts,
I have seen this several times with people that used Power Dissolve,  SO make sure you completely take the engine apart, rinse every part well, and then make sure you oil the parts very well before putting the engine back together

Randy

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: