stunthanger.com
News:
Become a Movie ->    <-Supporter CLICK HERE

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 02, 2014, 08:06:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Why you should ALWAYS do this.  (Read 473 times)
Ty Marcucci
2014 Supporters
Trade Count: (0)
Admiral

« on: May 20, 2012, 06:23:35 PM »

For those of you that don't, you might want to reconsider.  I always walk my lines out and wipe them down after every flight. Always. Good thing too, because at todays contest, after my first official in Intermediate, I found one of the strands on my lines had broken and as I wiped them the one broken strands got all bunched up. It felt odd, so I looked inside the fold of the paper towel and noticed the bunched strand. Whoa, good thing I brought two sets of lines. I quickly changed them out, and tossed the "older" set. It had  maybe 20 or so flights on them, but the bad thing is at times they do get dragged  (drug?) over concrete or worse, over rought asphalt and this will break a strand in time. At a contest is not the time for them to break. Actualy never is a good time. Preventive checks work. I say this because I see many beginners, and Intermediatses that neglet this simple after flight function and even a few in Advanced. Hoff Coffee

Ty Marcucci

Bill Little
Admiral

Second in COMMAND

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 06:36:31 PM »

Great tip, Ty!  That is an area that many of us do neglect, unfortunately.  And we all know better!

Bill

Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! Grin )

Trying to get by
Paul Taylor
Admiral

If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!

Flybywires@yahoo.com rootbeard
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 08:47:50 PM »

Ty,
I had the same thing happen to a set of fairly new lines. I ordered a new set from Tom. I chunked the lines.

Paul Taylor Hoff
Just outside of Memphis, Tn.
AMA 842917

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+13%3A13&version=50&src=embed

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: