News:

• June 15, 2024, 10:16:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Profile kit dedicated to Electric  (Read 675 times)

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
Profile kit dedicated to Electric
« on: August 08, 2011, 09:16:17 PM »
Hi Guys,

With the constant move forward of electric power we have decided to offer a kit totally dedicated for use with electric motors. We have been trying to come out with a builtup stunter but figured we should take a stab at doing a profile first. To speed up the process we took one of our current profile kits and re-engineered it.

The hardest part was coming up with a profile E-motor mount that did not mount on the front like a 1/2 A,  so to the drawing board we went. Communicating with Dennis Adamisin and Jim Howell and the use of a brand new complete E-system borrowed from Jim; we believe I may have designed a mount that not only will work but with a little work can be retro fitted to any profile currently on the market. With that said we would like to introduce our new Spacewalker-E.c..

The Spacewalker-E.c. is of our Spacewalker kit that was originally designed by Jack Sheeks back in Dec. of 1993. It has been slightly modified and re-engineered to be a totally dedicated Electric Powered profile stunter for 2011.

The “Spacewalker-E.C.” kit will include: All laser cut balsa, plywood and basswood parts, pre-bent split wire landing gear, full size CAD drawn plans and wooden wheel pants.

Control system, hardware, covering, glue, motor, battery, wheels, etc. are NOT included.

It's hard to know all the engine to motor sizes and the conversions for them so here's the best we can do for now.

Electric Power: equivalent to a .35-.40 nitro engine. (E-motor type and size per your choice)
Length: 36.75” Profile fuselage
Wingspan: 49” with functional flaps.
Wing area: 513 sq. in.

Pictures of the prototype will follow as it progresses.

Sorry, I forgot the contact email for this when I posted it.

anyhow please send all emals for the Spacewalker-E.c. to: spcwlkr_ec@builtrightflyright.com

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:47:54 AM by builditright »
Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Profile kit dedicated to Electric
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 09:38:25 PM »
Everybody is gettin into the act!  WTG Walter! CLP** BW@ H^^   010!

BTW, ECL'ers should also note that Walter's recently introduced Seafire is offered in an ECL version.  Mine is still sitting in the box waiting for me to build a workshop in the new house...
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 05:48:41 AM »

forgot the contact email for this when I posted it.

send all emals for the Spacewalker-E.c. to: spcwlkr_ec@builtrightflyright.com

Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Offline Jim Howell

• 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 07:19:24 AM »

The “Spacewalker-E.C.” kit will include: All laser cut balsa, plywood and basswood parts, pre-bent split wire landing gear, full size CAD drawn plans and wooden wheel pants.

Pictures of the prototype will follow as it progresses.

And talk about pressure!  Walter has entrusted the prototype build to me, a FreeFlight minimalist to build this for public scrutiny.   n~

Right now, I'm leaning toward finishing it up semi-scale to match the way the prototype full-scale was worked up.  IIRC, (from the marketing video I received, 'cause I wanted a tandem two-place alternative to my Flybaby) it was all red.  I know that the initial build from kit components of the full scale a/c was done by Hazel and Maxey, but I'm thinking that theirs was actually the second example.  I'll have to check my EAA records, but I think the prototype was red all over.  That might make it easier for me.

Jim Howell
Huntsville, AL
Jim Howell
Huntsville, AL  AMA 545805

Offline Wynn Robins

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 02:39:53 PM »
excellent news Walter - glad someone has seen the light - now  - how much has changed to suit electric?  airfoil, moments etc or just the construction of the nose??

now for the full fuse......
In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 05:46:10 PM »
excellent news Walter - glad someone has seen the light - now  - how much has changed to suit electric?  airfoil, moments etc or just the construction of the nose??

now for the full fuse......

Since the Spacewalker was designed in the 90's I pretty much had free reign on mods, so I added a little bit to the nose so we could fit the battery in front of the wing and also to the tail moment.
Once that was done, I did all the mods to the nose for the battery, E-motor mounting and for the wiring.   All mods are a combination of things discussed with Jim Howell, Dennis Adamisin and Dennis Lipsett who finished off my spacewalker (nitro version) prototype. 

A far as a full fuse model, that will definetly be in the cards for the future.

Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here