News:

• March 18, 2024, 10:33:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 4.8 volt power for single channel unit  (Read 4517 times)

Offline eric david conley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
4.8 volt power for single channel unit
« on: July 16, 2011, 10:43:01 AM »
     I'm using 3 of your 1 channel units in my carrier planes at this time and am having trouble finding a 4.8 volt battery? I use to have a Cannon camera that took a 4.8 volt battery and could find them pretty easily but all I seem to be able to find now is the 6 volt batteries. I notice that your multi channel units show a 6 volt power source? Could I use a 6 volt battery with my single unit controller's? Great units, never a missed beat, I'm very happy with your products.  Eric
Eric

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 4.8 volt power for single channel unit
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 02:28:07 PM »
Four-cell NiCd or NiMH pack, i.e. an RC receiver pack.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline eric david conley

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 03:22:45 PM »
     I'm sorry but I don't understand. Weight is the enemy of the high speed segment of this event so need to keep weight to a minimum. I've been using a battery that is 1"by1/2" with the battery leads soldered to the battery to keep everything light and would like to continue using the same size battery. WOW, I just went and found my old camera and it did have a 6-volt battery so that is what I have been using all along, my question answered. Sorry for the trouble.
Eric

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 08:27:54 PM »
Just for everyones peace of mind the U/Tronics Control Single Channel unit and the Decoder Modules for Multi Channel systems can be operated on 6 volts.  I fly my CL Scale Taube that uses 3 channels with 4 AAA NiMH batteries that weigh only 1.29 Oz. but are rated at 1 AH (1000 mAH).
Clancy
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here