News:

• April 18, 2024, 05:57:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What happened to Robins View in Vendors Corner ???  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
What happened to Robins View in Vendors Corner ???
« on: November 20, 2011, 01:25:36 PM »
As the title says where is Robins View (Bob Hunt) in the Vendors Corner ??? ??? ???. There was some good info on there. y1 y1
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: What happened to Robins View in Vendors Corner ???
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 03:36:05 PM »
There were some recent threads about rules and the BOM issue and discussion about Bob's recent article about current building technology and components available to modelers.  There were some strong feelings on both sides of the issue.  Bob may have taken his site down out of frustration, since he is a supplier of foam wings.
AMA 62221

Once, twice, three times a lady.  Four times and she does it for a living.  "You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall."

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 04:08:29 PM »
Thanks Dick
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Steve Hines

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 05:36:33 PM »
Bob said he was done with this site, after what was said by D. Berry.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 05:51:27 AM »
Can you blame the man for taking downs the site if he did?  His does terrific work and you get his wings in bare foam all the way up to putting in plane for the finishing.   I don't beleive they were covered.   They also have been used for years with no arguments or protests.  It is just some people can't leave well enough alone.   Also some that make threats and then don't back them up with actions, like the individual that was going to protest all the planes one year at the NATS.  I hope he still posts about his electric twin. Also I hope I am not one of those that caused him to drop out. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 06:05:31 AM »
Can you blame the man for taking downs the site if he did?  His does terrific work and you get his wings in bare foam all the way up to putting in plane for the finishing.   I don't beleive they were covered.   They also have been used for years with no arguments or protests.  It is just some people can't leave well enough alone.   Also some that make threats and then don't back them up with actions, like the individual that was going to protest all the planes one year at the NATS.  I hope he still posts about his electric twin. Also I hope I am not one of those that caused him to drop out. H^^

John,

I just saw and actually held Bob's new twin. It's simply magnificent.

Dennis

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 08:15:35 AM »
I've known for a while. Steve has it correct. After a while the "HaHaHa" barbs are no longer funny and are cutting. As a result we have lost a great source of knowledge on many subjects.
I treasure Bob as a long time close friend, and have the utmost respect for his abilities and developments over the years. That is why I have not mentioned this until some one else did.
AMA 7544

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 08:58:55 AM »
I have to say that this is somewhat surprising. Immediately after Bob made his post about leaving the forum I called him. After a few minutes of discussion it was agreed that maybe a was a little too harsh. I apologized to him on the phone and on this forum for my lack of tact. The conversation, however did not end there. We spent the next hour discussing things that we DO agree on, one of which was his foam wings. I have stated numerous times that I have no problem with purchased sheeted foam wings and as a matter of fact I had one in my Evolution that won the Concours award at the Nats and was used by Bob in one of his advertisements in Stunt News. We discussed the future of stunt and even touched on each others opinions about FAI and BOM. Even though we are not in total agreement as to which way it should go, we both understand and respect each others views. Bob told me that he was done with this forum (yes partly because of me) and because of a lot of the arguing that goes on here. He said that he feels that the forum should be a positive place, reserved for helpful instructions and constructive criticism. I disagree a little with him, I think it is a good place for us to discuss and sometimes argue our points. Yes, it does get out of hand sometimes and I am as guilty as anyone for stirring the pot sometimes. Does this make me a bad person? I don’t think so, but I cannot speak for others. Bob told me that he would rather spend his time doing things other than arguing with me and others on the forum. I respect his decision even though I don’t fully agree with it. I am surprised that he took his store off of the forum though…Regardless to what you may think, when Bob and I got off the phone I was under the impression that we were still friends, we just decided that sometimes its better to agree to disagree. Maybe one day he will decide to join the forum again, I hope so, because he is a master builder/finisher and pilot.

Derek
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:18:19 AM by Derek Barry »

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 09:12:51 AM »
This reminds me...

many other forums seem to have threads with Useful Resources as stickies in some convenient place. Perhaps Stunthanger should have one of those too. In Open Forum or Classifies maybe?

Bob Hunt's contact details are not always easy to find, unless you know exactly where to look for them. That would surely be a Useful Resource for many.
I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 10:07:18 AM »
What a loss if Bob truly is gone from this site. He is such a talent and I never met the man.
Maybe I failed as a moderator not to stop it before it got started.

I will say this....

If I see another thread for BOM or bashing what someone put in SN/MA or any other publication, as a moderator of this forum I will delete it quick fast and in a hurry.
So don't even go there.

Not on my watch!
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 11:06:40 AM »
I was asked to take it down by Bob. However if he ever decides he wants it back I can put it back as it was. People feelings get stepped on. Totally his decision.
AMA 12366

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 11:43:03 AM »
I apologize to everyone here for not catching this.  I have known Bob for a while and consider him a great, close, friend.  I spoke to him Saturday (???) but nothing was mentioned.  I had a kinda rough chemo treatment this time and have been under the weather so to speak.  Bob is very solid in his beliefs but fair.

I believe his "Store Front" should be in the Vendor's Corner and maybe I will talk with him to see if at least that is an option.  I am aware that his web site is getting ready to be changed in a very significant way.

Bill Little
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Larry Cunningham

• Red Hot Lover
  • Captain
  • Klaatu barada nikto my ass
    • Stephanie Miller
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 12:27:19 PM »
The unfortunate fact is, that ANY "discussion" about the BOM, on either/any side of the issue, on any public forum, always seems to end in hard feelings. Those of us with wisdom (clearly not me) know to simply stay out of them. {someday maybe I'll learn..}

Bob Hunt remains one of my heroes, he's got my respect and I always enjoy talking with him because of his enthusiasm and ideas. He continues to be a pioneer, even when many think it's all been figured out and done.

L.

"A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." -Will Rogers
AMA 247439 - '09, '10, '11, '12 and '13 Supporter of this site..

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 09:42:09 AM »
I agree , Larry. I hope Bob did not see my posts as critical of him in any way. He's always gone out of his way to help and discuss. His videos are classic too.

SK

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here