News:

• April 19, 2024, 03:23:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Latest on my LA-65 test project.  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Latest on my LA-65 test project.
« on: November 04, 2010, 03:46:49 PM »
A while back I posted about my testing of a slightly modified O/S LA-65 on my Score ARF.  During that time I got an email from Dave Adamisin, he was interested in the project and offered to make me a venturi that would help with the gas milage.   Needless to say, I quickly took up Dave's offer. y1  

I have been on vacation for the past month and today I finally got the time to install the new venturi.  Next Tuesday I will get the first chance to try it out.  Attached are some pictures of Dave's venturi, they really don't do justice to his workmanship.  Thanks for your help Dave!
Andy Borgogna
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Latest on my LA-65 test project.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 04:40:08 PM »
Looking good Andy.   H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Dave Adamisin

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 06:18:28 PM »
It's an interesting project. Hope the vent helps. Is that your cement mixer in the background??

Offline Elwyn Aud

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Inferalandings Photo Page
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 06:34:13 PM »
I believe Lew Woolard has been using one in an ARF Strega.

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 12:39:32 PM »
Hi Dave,
Yep the HD Road King in the backround is mine.  I bought it new 10 years ago and have enjoyed it every since.  My wife likes it so much that on our month long vacation she insisted on visiting the Harley Davidson plant in York PA. where the bike was assembled.
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Dave Adamisin

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 02:37:05 PM »
Good answer. Great pic of your wife on the scooter. Was it hard to get her off it to continue the trip? That's a big smile...

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 06:51:37 PM »
Andy; good looking plane . . . and HD. Besides the TT we share the HD too. I have a 2001 Ultra. My wife likes it, but not on the freeway; not when it's too hot; not when it's to cold, not when the roads are too windy . . .

Brian
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 01:51:08 PM »
Jackie and I just got back from a ride, we just went out for bagels and picked up a couple of things on the way home.  I am very lucky my wife love to ride, in fact she comes up with more reasons to ride than I do anymore.  Dave it was not too hard to get her off the bike in York, I just had to tell her how much it cost.  She is very happy my bike has long since been paid for.  Speaking of which, I need to get an oil change!  Take care guys.
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline Douglas Ames

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 05:15:14 AM »
What size venturi are you using?
FYI - a .60 FP backplate and gasket will work with the .65 LA, so will T/F's header and scale muffler.
AMA 656546

If you do a little bit every day it will get done, or you can do it tomorrow.

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 10:47:30 AM »
Doug
I honestly don't know the answer to your question, but Dave does, he made the venturi.  Dave A. can you provide the dimensions for the venturi?  I can get the external dimensions but I don't remember the throat dimension.  I seem to remember Dave saying it was the same as the small venturi for the Evo .36. 

I took the Score out yesterday and flew it for the first time with the new venturi.  It worked great!  The engine runs were steady, no signs of run away at all and a slight break when the nose is pulled up.  The fuel milage increased to where I can now take my time at launch time and still get everything in.  Before I had no spare time to waste, this weekend I will be flying the Score in a contest we shall see how it works under fire.
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Dave Adamisin

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 02:28:21 PM »
Doug
I honestly don't know the answer to your question, but Dave does, he made the venturi.  Dave A. can you provide the dimensions for the venturi?  I can get the external dimensions but I don't remember the throat dimension.  I seem to remember Dave saying it was the same as the small venturi for the Evo .36.  

I took the Score out yesterday and flew it for the first time with the new venturi.  It worked great!  The engine runs were steady, no signs of run away at all and a slight break when the nose is pulled up.  The fuel milage increased to where I can now take my time at launch time and still get everything in.  Before I had no spare time to waste, this weekend I will be flying the Score in a contest we shall see how it works under fire.
Andy

I made it 0.218" id. With the nipple of the needle body subtracted it's about the same as a 0.20 sprinkler. Glad to hear you can return to a gentleman's pace on the way to the handle...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 06:26:51 PM by Dave Adamisin »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here