stunthanger.com
News:
CLICK HERE---->    <----CLICK HERE

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 18, 2014, 12:30:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fuel can  (Read 13852 times)
roger
Trade Count: (0)
Captain

« on: June 25, 2010, 01:33:27 PM »

i was told that you mite know how to make a fuel tank from a film can Idea

minnesotamodeler
Admiral

Me and my Chief Engineer

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 05:26:38 AM »

i was told that you mite know how to make a fuel tank from a film can Idea

Yup, there's several methods: One of the most reliable and simple is to use a floppy balloon 0common party balloon) as a fuel bladder (non-pressurized) and the film canister as a receptacle for it, just cut a hole in the lid for the fuel line.

Or, you can make a "hard tank" with a canister that has a tight-fitting lid (they vary, check several for the tightest).  I use alum. tubing through snug-fitting holes in the lid, "goop"ed into place.  Let the Goop cure for a few days before exposing to fuel.  I've also made a "clunk-tank" type, using small surgical tubing inside the tank, with a wheel collar on a short piece of alum. tubing for a clunk.

Let me know if you need more detail.

--Ray

--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472
roger
Captain

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 07:07:33 AM »

ray
thanks a bunch i made  one like this   not not tried yet. i have a canister that wont leak and drilled 2 holes, on top, and installed 1 tube almost to the bottom, and another just about 1/4 through as a preasure fitting to the muffler. do you think this setup will work? the tank is mounted leaning back a bit to hopeing to keep fuel at the bottom lft. side where the long tube goes down to. i just cant fill the tank all the way so as not to interfere with the other short tube comming in from the top. whata think
roger Hoff
minnesotamodeler
Admiral

Me and my Chief Engineer

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 11:11:04 AM »

Roger, it sounds like it ought to work, you may have to adjust the position of the pickup tube some, up or down on the outboard side.  I would suggest a little "Goop" around the tubing where it penetrates the wall, to insure no leaking.

--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: