News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:19:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: N30 Eligibility  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
N30 Eligibility
« on: February 03, 2010, 10:27:40 AM »
So, if I have adequate documentation of a plane designed in the eary 70s (say the original plans and a picture of two), then that would be eligible, right?

I started designing my own planes about 1971 (I was about 14). I still have some of the plans for these planes and some old Polaroids. There are probably 4 or 5 planes in there that I wouldn't mind building again. 
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: N30 Eligibility
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 01:00:37 PM »
That's my plan too, Got 9 designs from the 70's that are all on the to be built list...
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 01:32:18 PM »
Dennis,

Yea, but several of yours were published. Lots and lots of confirmation.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 03:10:05 PM »
So, if I have adequate documentation of a plane designed in the eary 70s (say the original plans and a picture of two), then that would be eligible, right?

I started designing my own planes about 1971 (I was about 14). I still have some of the plans for these planes and some old Polaroids. There are probably 4 or 5 planes in there that I wouldn't mind building again. 

Randy

If you have plans plus a picture of the airplane I don't think anyone will deny that, Classic has been that way since it started

Regards
Randy

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 07:10:14 PM »
Dennis,

Yea, but several of yours were published. Lots and lots of confirmation.

2 were published, and the airframes for two others are still here.  Have the butcher paper plans for 1 more.  The other four were derivatives of other existing airframes...

I could keep VERY busy
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 02:54:04 PM »
Dennis,

Boy, that's the truth. I had a Thunderbird like plane. Sorta. That I did about 1971. A plane similar to a Stunt Machine (same, basic wing) done in 72 and my "Z" plane done in 73 that was all pretty much all me. There's a rework of a plane called the Dominator (which way prior to the movie we called the Terminator) that was upsized for a .35 that my cousin and I did in 74 just prior to me scooting off to college. Other than the box wing (ala Oriental), it was pretty neat.  There were a couple that I did while in college (before studies got too time consuming), but the plans for those are long gone. Only a couple of Polaroids remain. The Thunderbirdish job I did in 71 would be kinda cool to do again (called Viking - hey, I was in high school). And I'd love to do a new Z-Plane. that was really kinda slick looking, jetty sort of thing. Plenty of pictures of both of those along with plans draw on art paper from a huge tablet I got once. May have to look at that. Maybe the Terminator.   ;D
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 12:38:38 AM »
Doc,

I was digging though a photo album (looking for something else) and found a dozen pics taken from about 1971 to about 1983 with a lot of my old stuff. If I can get my scanner working again, I'll scan and post them. Some are actually interesting. Man, was I ever that young?
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 10:05:59 AM »
Hi Doc,

As soon as I have some time to get my scanner working. Sigh...
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline jose modesto

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 08:10:27 PM »
Gentlemen i designed two models in 1974 I only have the original plans with a note as my 1975 nats model. also they list Milton Graham's addres sin washington DC he lived there in 1974/75
I did not attend the lake Charles Nat's but built the models in 1975 with Big Jim foam wings i have the plans and the foam templates. I don't have photo.
the plans are drawn on oaktag hard sheets in 1976 i went to study architecture and all subsequent plans were drawn on paper. do i qualify.
1973 a built a profile stunt machine for this model i have photos no plans. the stunt machine was flown by Gene Schaffer in 1971  he flew at flushing meadows park which to this day is my home field. the wing was from a Sig Akromaster with my Own tips what about this plane. the men that helped trim this model were Big Jim and Milton Graham how Do make this model legal.
I will attache photo of profile stunt machine
Jose modesto

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 04:02:02 PM »
Gentlemen i designed two models in 1974 I only have the original plans with a note as my 1975 nats model. also they list Milton Graham's addres sin washington DC he lived there in 1974/75
I did not attend the lake Charles Nat's but built the models in 1975 with Big Jim foam wings i have the plans and the foam templates. I don't have photo.
the plans are drawn on oaktag hard sheets in 1976 i went to study architecture and all subsequent plans were drawn on paper. do i qualify.
1973 a built a profile stunt machine for this model i have photos no plans. the stunt machine was flown by Gene Schaffer in 1971  he flew at flushing meadows park which to this day is my home field. the wing was from a Sig Akromaster with my Own tips what about this plane. the men that helped trim this model were Big Jim and Milton Graham how Do make this model legal.
I will attache photo of profile stunt machine
Jose modesto

Jose

I can see where you have  NO problem, Build em and fly  :-)

Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here