stunthanger.com
News:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 01, 2014, 06:19:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alan Seacats Miss Laura  (Read 2037 times)
Airacobra
Trade Count: (0)
Commander

« on: October 20, 2009, 01:36:58 PM »

Does anybody have the capability of scanning and posting the article on here for me. As some who have attended our contests in Columbus, Ohio I have three large notebooks of copied stunt articles that can take up most of an afternoon of looking through. I am in need of the article on the Miss Lauara and a host of others, but we will start with this one first. Hope somebody can help.

Keith Bryant

Airacobra
Commander

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 07:12:46 PM »

Disregard guys, got it.

Keith Bryant
Randy Powell
Admiral

TreeTop Flyer

randympowell@yahoo.com
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 09:55:46 PM »

I have the magazine and plans for this. Always thought it was cool.

Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711

Randy Powell
Bob Hunt
2014 Supporters
Admiral

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 06:52:08 AM »

Hi all:

Alan Seacat was working for me nights at CSC in the 1970s while he was attending Musical Instrument Repair School in Union, New Jersey during the day. We did a lot of building and flying together in those days and Alan was starting to move up quickly in the contest rankings, but his plane was holding him back. He wanted to design and build something new and competitive.

I had this book of sketches that I made of possible new stunt designs. One of them was of a semi-scale Goodyear racer. It was a sort of adaptation of a Cassutt Racer design. Alan liked it and asked if he could use it. We set to work on plans for it immediately. We designed it around a Genesis .40 wing and tail set that I had already built and donated to the cause. The result of this was the Miss Laura (Named for his soon-to-be wife at that time. I was honored to have been asked to be the Best Man at his wedding!)

With the Miss Laura Alan graduated to the top echelon of stunt flying on the East Coast and won a few Expert meets in the process. When I went to work at Flying Models I was searcing for CL Stunt designs to publish. We decided to publish the Miss Laura. Shortly after that he got married, got a job, started a family and quit flying! The last I heard he and his wife were into boating and water skiing. Alan was a great guy and a wonderful, hard working employee. I sure hope he comes back to flying someday...

Bob Hunt     
Ty Marcucci
2014 Supporters
Admiral

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 07:20:35 AM »

Good Morning Bob. Ever notice when ever some guy dissappears from CL flying, it is always a gurl involved or edumacation?  Lets git rid of gurls and wimmin and college. Then we'll hve lots o guys flying. Layingdown Layingdown Layingdown Hoff

Ty Marcucci
Bob Hunt
2014 Supporters
Admiral

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 07:27:44 AM »

I don't know, Ty... I'm only in Stunt flying for the women and the money...

Bob Huh
Randy Powell
Admiral

TreeTop Flyer

randympowell@yahoo.com
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 02:17:25 PM »

"I'm only in Stunt flying for the women and the money...""

And how's that going for you? Oh wait, what am I saying, for you it's going well.   Grin

Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711

Randy Powell
RandySmith
Admiral

Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 02:56:52 PM »

And how's that going for you? Oh wait, what am I saying, for you it's going well.   Grin

mw~Yeah  but da  wife  better not find out , they get upset if they think your holding back money from them!  Layingdown

R
john e. holliday
2014 Supporters
Admiral

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 08:33:41 AM »

I always told the guys that the education comes first, not thinking of girls throwing a wrench in the works.  Some I see once in a great while.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

We are never too old to learn something stupid.

Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days lived.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530
dennis lipsett
Admiral

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 05:18:13 AM »

And how's that going for you? Oh wait, what am I saying, for you it's going well.   Grin

Hummm. Believe I said this to Bob awhile back. one of the few sports that has a world championship with no monetery prizes,ergo no money, no women. Gotta get a fast car or motorcycle, and win something Airplanes especially models don't count.
Dennis
Mark Scarborough
SH Supporter
Admiral

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 09:18:17 AM »

I would be happy with getting flag girls like Formula one has at the starting grid, have them stand at the plane in the pits to mark your position in flying order,, yeah thats it, dont even worry about the money,,  Hoff

For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137
Steve Helmick
AMA Member and supporter
Admiral

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 05:48:44 PM »

Mark...I'd rather have those umbrella girls in the spandex micro-shorts that they have in Moto GP races. Yes, I'd rather have them hold an umbrella over you, to keep you distracted from "Sienna the Stunt Dawg", while I load her into my truck.  Oh, wait...she wanted to gnaw my ankles off last we met...I'll take the umbrella girl.
You keep Sienna over on your side of the circle.  Layingdown Steve

* Sienna_StuntDog.jpg (89.55 KB, 637x792 - viewed 98 times.)

We're always hearing about Social Security running out of money. How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

Which was more shocking to you? That there were 800,000 government non-essential employees being told to stay home because there was no money to pay them? Or that there were 800,000 non-essential government employees?
Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: