stunthanger.com
News:
CLICK HERE---->    <----CLICK HERE

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 23, 2014, 03:24:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Kit Survey  (Read 1757 times)
builditright
Trade Count: (0)
Admiral

Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.

« on: July 30, 2009, 11:18:10 PM »

okay guys and gals, I spoke with Stan Powell and he has granted us permission to do his Dove 650 if anyone is interested.

Since the Nostalgia 30 event will have a rolling cut off this design will be eligible 2012. 

The plans will need to be CAD drawn and will not be ready until sometime next year.

The Dove is a foam wing and tail model with a 650 Sq in wing.
uses a 40-46 eng.

comments are appreciated.

emails can be sent to: dove@builtrightflyright.com

* img022top2-web.jpg (43.41 KB, 648x521 - viewed 229 times.)

Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright
visit us on the web at: http://www.builtrightflyright.com

Matt Colan
N-756355
AMA Member
Admiral

Matthew Colan mcolan94 flycl756355
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 06:31:13 AM »

Walter, when it is kitted, would the wing be built up or would it be a foam wing, like the original?

Matt

"An adventure isn't an adventure if you know where you're going" Windy Urtnowski

"Courage is doing what you are afraid to do.  There can be no courage unless you're scared." Eddie Rickenbacker

Defintion of Sarcasm:  Sarcasm (n.) - the ability to insult idiots without them realizing it.
builditright
Admiral

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 07:37:09 AM »

Walter, when it is kitted, would the wing be built up or would it be a foam wing, like the original?

I planned on leaving it as a foam wing and tail 

Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright
Bill Morell
2013 Supporter
Captain

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 02:26:24 PM »

Thats  a strange selection. You ask for a survey and I don't recall a single request on either forum for this plane.

Bill Morell

Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.
Matt Colan
N-756355
AMA Member
Admiral

Matthew Colan mcolan94 flycl756355
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 02:44:14 PM »

Here is another question Walter.  Since I don't have a job yet, my money comes from my allowance, so I gonna ask this.  How much is it going to cost?  Another plane I'm interested in.

Matt

"An adventure isn't an adventure if you know where you're going" Windy Urtnowski

"Courage is doing what you are afraid to do.  There can be no courage unless you're scared." Eddie Rickenbacker

Defintion of Sarcasm:  Sarcasm (n.) - the ability to insult idiots without them realizing it.
builditright
Admiral

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 04:53:41 PM »

Here is another question Walter.  Since I don't have a job yet, my money comes from my allowance, so I gonna ask this.  How much is it going to cost?  Another plane I'm interested in.

Dont know yet

Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright
Larry Fulwider
Commander

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 10:03:06 PM »

Who's that kid holding Stan's airplane?

Larry Fulwider
Ty Marcucci
Admiral

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 10:09:30 PM »

Thats  a strange selection. You ask for a survey and I don't recall a single request on either forum for this plane.

Several went direct and by passed this and SSW site. Also some of those mentioned are being kitted by RSM or Brodaks. They are in the works, so WU can't do them. Plus several of the designers are almost impossible to find.  Permission from them is just the first step.  Or they want too much or don't want it kitted at all.  H^^I have sent WU several pages of plans and articles from the N30 era to help him pick a plane to kit. You have done plans and know how long that alone can take, even with CAD. Hoff

Ty Marcucci
Dennis Adamisin
2014 Supporters
Admiral

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 09:47:43 PM »

okay guys and gals, I spoke with Stan Powell and he has granted us permission to do his Dove 650 if anyone is interested.

Since the Nostalgia 30 event will have a rolling cut off this design will be eligible 2012. 

The plans will need to be CAD drawn and will not be ready until sometime next year.

The Dove is a foam wing and tail model with a 650 Sq in wing.
uses a 40-46 eng.

comments are appreciated.

emails can be sent to: dove@builtrightflyright.com

Hmmm, I seem to recall encountering Stan and the Dove round 1980 or so - while published in 1982 the elgibility could be a little earlier than that...

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

“Change comes from men who take the next step; not those who theorize about the 200th step.”
                                -Theodore Roosevelt
Will Davis
Captain

Will davis
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 03:13:17 AM »

Dennis,

The earlier version was built in 1978, looks the same , a little smaller , all the way around  , same engine . Should be a killer combination .  I have one under construction for next year . Plans not available for this one yet. Stan has given me the  wing templates, Plans changes , etc.. Looking forward to having it at Brodak's  next year . Will be powered with one of  His great running K&B 40's

Will

Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"
Dennis Adamisin
2014 Supporters
Admiral

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 07:00:11 AM »

Dennis,

The earlier version was built in 1978, looks the same , a little smaller , all the way around  , same engine . Should be a killer combination .  I have one under construction for next year . Plans not available for this one yet. Stan has given me the  wing templates, Plans changes , etc.. Looking forward to having it at Brodak's  next year . Will be powered with one of  His great running K&B 40's

Will

Hah! I was afraid the "old timers" was kiciking in - thought I remembered the timing and you confirmed.  Stan and the Dove were a formidable combination.

So you are building a Dove?  With one of Stan's OUTSTANDING K&B 40's?  Will it have dalmation spots too?  Huh  Shocked  Layingdown

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

“Change comes from men who take the next step; not those who theorize about the 200th step.”
                                -Theodore Roosevelt
Will Davis
Captain

Will davis
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 04:54:58 PM »

No dalmation spots on this one. Plan now is to do a close replica  of the dark green and white with gold trim concourse plane . Don't know how the Dalmation Spots or the Zebra Stripes would look .
Looking forward to getting back on it ..

Will

Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: