News:

• March 19, 2024, 03:21:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Phoenix Arizona  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Paul Hruby

• SonicG
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Phoenix Arizona
« on: September 29, 2018, 01:50:45 PM »
Although I got back into control line a few years ago, I am willing to help with flying the basics. I'm a member of the Central Arizona Control Line Club and there are members that have a ton of knowledge from just about every genre of control line models.

A few of us like to build and fly and others would rather fly. If you are in the area and want to have some fun, check out our web site at www.azucontrol.org.

Thanks - Paul

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Phoenix Arizona
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 03:16:35 PM »
Paul,

My wife is trying to talk me into moving down to Apache Junction.  As far as I can tell, I'd be about an hour's drive from any of the fields down there.  Are there any fliers or fields in the Apache Junction area?

Offline Paul Hruby

• SonicG
  • New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 04:03:50 PM »
Hi Mark,
Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.

I do not believe there is any active flyers in that area. AJ is in the far east valley with maybe one member residing there.

Esteban Park in Phoenix would be the closest location for active flying on Sundays.

If you are interested, the Southwest CL Championships in Tucson are next weekend Jan. 26th &27th & the VSC is in March. (See the Event calendar on the club website.

I don't monitor this post a lot, so if you want to get a hold of me, go the the club web page and use the Contact link and we can go from there.

Paul

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 07:21:25 AM »
Paul,

My wife is trying to talk me into moving down to Apache Junction.  As far as I can tell, I'd be about an hour's drive from any of the fields down there.  Are there any fliers or fields in the Apache Junction area?
  My Nashville Combat partner Larry Davis moved to Apache Junction several years ago. He flew in Phoenix at Esteban park. I'm not sure how active he is now as 2 of his flying buddies from the area have passed.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Advertise Here
Tags: Phoenix arizona 

Advertise Here