stunthanger.com
News:
CLICK HERE---->    <----CLICK HERE
 
 
*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 30, 2015, 12:22:03 PM


Login with username, password and session length



Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
 41 
 on: Yesterday at 11:41:51 PM 
Started by Robert Storick - Last post by bill bischoff
Flooded homes a few miles away, but no problems here.


 42 
 on: Yesterday at 11:29:46 PM 
Started by Robert Storick - Last post by Doug Moon
The Moon's and Mike Scott are still above the water line.  But we are close to going under.  The Trinity river in Dallas is sitting right at 40'.  Anymore and it could go over and do some damage around downtown.

Here a couple of before and after pics.  This should really let you know how much rain we are getting.  It takes a very large amount of water to get this river to rise. The first pic is how it looks all the time.

 


 43 
 on: Yesterday at 11:00:37 PM 
Started by Robert Storick - Last post by Gordon Van Tighem
I'm great!  Bout to "lay the keel" on an Aurther Alfieri "Ruby". Been raining allot near the Ft Hood area, couple of tornados but no damage and no flooding.  Same as Paul Wood--bad flying weather and knee-high grass.  
I sent LazerWorks my Ruby plans and they make a short kit.

 44 
 on: Yesterday at 10:58:26 PM 
Started by Dane Martin - Last post by Dane Martin
Quick tip. Push the iron into the mount area, or wing saddle, whatever you're working on until the out line is very sharp. This prevents shrinkage and separation from the component when you trim the excess.

 45 
 on: Yesterday at 10:55:19 PM 
Started by Tim Wescott - Last post by Tim Wescott
That's about what I estimate I'd get using the kit wood.

But yes, that sounds porky to me, too.  I'm flat out of 3/8" wood of any weight whatsoever, other than the rather heavy sticks that came with the kit, so I can't do much about it without ordering wood and waiting for it to show up.

Edit: It'll get lighter when I trim it and round the corners and all that stuff.  But I doubt it'll drop by an ounce.

 46 
 on: Yesterday at 10:54:53 PM 
Started by Dane Martin - Last post by Dane Martin
The two pics are the splice. #1 shows lifting away, iron out the wrinkles, then apply the kote. #2 shows the splice line. This is cleaned up later by monokote trim solvent.
The slow part starts on #3. I adhered the top and bottom to the fuse, and stopped short about an inch before the corners. This is trickier because monokote sticks to monokote like a champ! Slowly work this. Pull up and away and get as many wrinkles as you can WITHOUT making any creases. Iron those out away from the fuse. Let cool and touch down. Pull tight and repeat until there are reasonably no wrinkles on the corner, before sticking the kote down to the first layer. This pre-forms the kote into a nice rounded corner before you actually stick it down

 47 
 on: Yesterday at 10:51:29 PM 
Started by Dane Martin - Last post by Dane Martin
This one is weird to explain, but very easy to do. Because there are two open areas, this component can be treated as a wing in regard to technique. Ummmm.. Kinda... Lol
Obviously not all will start like this because I made this splice at the doubler, but the technique remains.
I started at the doubler to stick it down. I pulled it tight towards the bottom front corner and stuck it down. Then pulled down and away at the top, stuck it down. In the center, I pulled it out and back, then layed the iron in the middle. Don't push hard, this gives a little extra shrinkage to pull everything into the center of the four corners made earlier. From the center, slowly push towards the front, ironing up and down. Then go back to the middle and work towards the wing saddle.
Finish off by rolling out the outline

 48 
 on: Yesterday at 10:43:11 PM 
Started by Tim Wescott - Last post by Paul Walker
There's a stabilizer underneath all that stuff.

The core with surround and wood weighed in at 2.02 oz; plus glue it was 2.68 oz.  Given what happened with the elevators I expect that to drop to about 2.4 oz.  Not wonderful, but it's not far from what I would have gotten with the kit wood, and it should be stiffer and finish out easier.






A stab that weighs 2.4 ounces sounds porky to me. Bad place for excess weight.  I am on the Pacific coast camping currently, so I do not have my weights handy (they are all recorded, wink wink Howard), but I will chime in next Tuesday. My guess is that it should be more like an ounce less than what you have.

 49 
 on: Yesterday at 10:17:35 PM 
Started by John Miller - Last post by John Miller
When I drew these designs up, my thoughts were to have 3 planes, that were closely designed to be like each other. The main difference was based on size, The smallest, was for .19-.40 size engines. The middle one is for .36-.46 engines, and the largest one, .60, and up.

CAD drawn, 3 sheets, including the pattern sheet.

 50 
 on: Yesterday at 10:03:10 PM 
Started by John Miller - Last post by John Miller
I thought I should post some modern full bodied designs.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines

Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS! Dilber MC Theme by HarzeM