News:

• March 19, 2024, 03:32:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Minimized TUT  (Read 3973 times)

Offline Tim Wescott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Minimized TUT
« on: January 31, 2015, 09:23:47 AM »
With the interest generated for the TUT from Fred Cronnenwett's column in the Februrary 2015 Model Aviation, I have decided that I'm going to build a version that strips out the expensive inertial measuring devices (gyro and accelerometer), and only does tasks that involve input and output on the four servo ports.

Unless Fred objects with the implied use of his name, I'll be calling this the "TUT-FC".  The TUT-FC will share the following features with the full-sized TUT:

• Ability to do straight timed sequences
  • Ability to modify an input and put it on an output
  • Ability to run the exact same program that Fred Cronenwett shows in his YouTube video here:
  • Ability to run the exact same program that Howard Rush used in the World Championship (Howard now uses the cutoff loop feature of the TUT, but did not want to work this into his routine before the contest)
  • Ability to choose programs using a JetiBox
  • Ability to change program parameters (timing, throttle settings, etc.) using a JetiBox
  • Ability to use USB to do anything that you can do with a JetiBox
  • Ability to upload new flight programs using USB

I am taking orders for the TUT-FC now.  They're selling for $40 each.  They come pre-loaded with Howard's FAI program, but you must let me know if you want Fred's engine sequencing program loaded.

Contact me:

Via a PM here;

By email at tim@wescottdesign.com;

By snail-mail at

Tim Wescott
TUT Timer
PO Box 3237
Oregon City, OR 97045

By phone

503.631.7815  (please leave a message if I don't pick up).
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: Minimized TUT
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 10:39:41 PM »
Tim,
So the TUT-FC has the ability to perform cut-off loops?
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Tim Wescott

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 08:43:56 AM »
The TUT-FC cannot do cutoff loops, or count laps.  That's because the gyro chip that enables doing such things is a good proportion of the total parts cost of the board -- leaving it out of the assembly is part of what allowed me to reduce the price.

A TUT-HR, or a full TUT would be needed for cutoff loops.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 09:07:18 AM »
The TUT-FC cannot do cutoff loops, or count laps.  That's because the gyro chip that enables doing such things is a good proportion of the total parts cost of the board -- leaving it out of the assembly is part of what allowed me to reduce the price.

A TUT-HR, or a full TUT would be needed for cutoff loops.

Thanks Tim. 
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here