News:

• June 07, 2024, 12:45:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RSM Systems for S1  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Motorman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
RSM Systems for S1
« on: September 11, 2012, 10:59:49 AM »
blank
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 09:58:53 AM by Motorman »

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: RSM Systems for S1
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 11:02:21 AM »
Hi Walter,

The Brodak system you would want is the one for the Super Clown.  It would work fine for the Ringmaster.

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 11:54:50 AM »
Dennis Adamisin worked with John Brodak to setup the Brodak packages. I'm sure he can advise you as to which one of them is best.

I have several great flying electric Ringmaster S-1s but they are all powered by individually ordered components.
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 12:45:02 PM »
Dennis Adamisin worked with John Brodak to setup the Brodak packages. I'm sure he can advise you as to which one of them is best.

I have several great flying electric Ringmaster S-1s but they are all powered by individually ordered components.

HI E-Bro!

Dennis is where I got the info for the Ringmaster power source being the Super Clown set up.  According to Dennis, that package will power Classic ships in the ".35" size such as a Nobler.

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline eric rule

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 05:41:15 PM »
All of our systems come fully programmed (RPM, start delay, flight time and RPM increase during maneuvers <gain>). All you have to do is to mount the components on your model, charge the battery, plug the battery into the ESC, flip the switch and fly. There is nothing else you need to do. You can, of course, change any of the programed settings and there are full instructions included for how to do this. The "systems" have been designed for individuals who either do not know how to work with electronic components or who do not want to work with them. I set them up based on the fact that although I fly my IC engines and they are all competition tuned I do not want to have to do the engine work myself. I would rather have someone else who knows what they are doing complete the competition tuning for me.

The difference in the systems shown on our web site is that one is a "SPORT" system and the other is a "COMPETITION" system.  The big difference comes in the area of the motor. While both motors are very good units the competition (Hacker brand) motors have better magnets and bearings, tighter windings and closer tolerances than the "sport" motors.

For your S1 the RSM25 System will work great!

Regards
Eric Rule

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 05:55:23 PM »
There you go Motorman,

I know that Eric's packages have been thoroughly checked out and I doubt you can go wrong with using one of them. I suspect that you will still need a charger and power supply to run the charger but I could be wrong and Eric may be supplying those as well.

I hope you will let us know when you are setup and flying your electric S-1!!! A few photos are always nice.  ;D
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline eric rule

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 05:59:13 PM »
John is correct. You will also need a charger.

My suggestion is that you obtain one that will work at home on AC current and at the flying field on Dc current (car battery).

Both Thunder Power and Imax have very good chargers that remember your battery charge settings and have internal balancers. RSM has both these chargers available.

Eric Rule

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 10:25:36 AM »
I want to be an end user not a tech so thinking of getting one of the RSM pre programed systems for an ARF Flightstreak, S1 Ringmaster, Brodak Shoestring type planes. I checked the Brodak site and couldn't find a complete package. I guess he sells them but I couldn't find them.

Thanks for any advise.
MM

Motorman:
The title of your post said RSM Systems, but within you mentioed not being able to find the Brodak system.  The complete Super Clown system is BH-1833, here's a link:

http://brodak.com/electric-power-package-for-planes-equal-to-19-to-35-engine-size-does-not-include-plane.html

The system is very well suited to the birds you mentioned & more.  The thin battery will easily fit in a pocket built into the wing.  I have also  happily used the Super Clown power system in Classic sized stunters like the Oriental and my upcoming Typhoon.

I have no direct experience with the RSM systems but the specs look very good and more importantly, I know that Andy Borgogna has worked very hard to develop them for their intended applications.  Either way you can't miss!

John Cralley has built some great electric S-1's, and many (all?) of the birds you mentioned have been built/converted by SOMEONE on this forum!

OF COURSE, keep checking in here, post any questions or issues you encounter.

Here's some teaser shots of a Brodak Shark 402 (same class as the birds you mentioned) I recently completed.  There is an article coming up in CLW magazine...
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 09:21:57 AM »
I like that color scheme.   Also like the plane.   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 10:28:28 PM »
You won't be sorry.  I fly with Andy Borgogna and see almost all the test flights.  When something doesn't make the grade, it doesn't get packaged and sold.  We even had one motor self-destruct in mid air due to hard corners!  That one definitely didn't pass.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Russell Bond

• Bandolero
  • AMA Member
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 02:52:18 AM »
Ooh, which motor was that so that we can keep away from it. ???
Bandolero

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 07:07:41 PM »
Larry Renger asked me to reply regarding the motor that failed during flight testing.  It was an Emax CF2812.  The prop shaft bent under load to the point that the bell was rubbing against the stater coils.  Prior to flying the motor appeared to be very good in power and smooth bearings but after just three flights it was toast.  I am including a picture of the motor.
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 07:31:14 PM »
Thanks, Andy, that is what we needed!  Be afraid, be very afraid!   LL~
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here