News:

• April 19, 2024, 07:16:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: new timers  (Read 3801 times)

Offline Igor Burger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
new timers
« on: March 04, 2017, 04:06:41 AM »
I had to change hardware for my timers, because old components are not available anymore. The cable is now removable (on several requests of guys with broken cable), so it is easy to replace in case of damage. Installation, usage etc is still the same. I have still few old, so if someone needs those old, tell me (compatibibility reason, etc).

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
Re: new timers
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 04:47:42 AM »
Hi Igor,

What ESC's are compatible with your new timer?
What programmers are compatible?
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 02:55:32 PM »
Hi Igor,

What ESC's are compatible with your new timer?
What programmers are compatible?

Well, let me answer this way, because I see this "compatible with" thing very often. Timers usually (including this) use standard R/C servo signal for ESC controlling. So it will work with any ESC governor. However some ESCs react quicker and some slower. Any lag in regulation makes problems and we simply need ESC reactions as quick as possible - it is something like difference between reaction of mixture 4-2-4 engine regulation (which is slow) and pipe rpm stabilization (far quicker). It is not good if ESC adds power when model already descent and starts to break when model already goes up. May be it is not so visible in calm, but such ESC will make thing visibly worse in wind - just like difference of 4-2-4 in wind and pipe in wind. I measured many ESCs and I found that quickest was Jeti Spin (not Spin Pro). Plus Spin uses the same program box (Jetibox) like my timer, so it makes sense one box for both. Additionally most top flyers who use tis timer use also Spin ESC, so there is lot of experience and if you want reuse it, or you want advice I highly recommend just that, it will save you lot of time spent with investigation. We have recommended settings, which you can set and simply fly, it is easy straightforward. But yes, it costs more than other ESCs. 

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 11:42:25 PM »
I'm wondering if the Spin Pro can have the software reloaded to make it a Spin?  

Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 12:54:35 AM »
Spin 66 (for large outdoor models) and Spin 11 (for indoors) are available. But this is private forum, I do not want spoil it with adverts, so better to use PM.

I forgot to add, that those timers are marked with red and yellow dot, that red is for large outdoor models, that yellow is timer for indoors. They differ in firmware, the indoor is for calm air, that outdoor couts with wind.

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 10:04:26 PM »
Neat job Igor!

Keith R
Keith R

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 06:46:34 PM »
It would be nice to have mounting holes for a profile fuselage.

MM

They don't mount to the fuse sides. They should mount to a horizontal plane such as the bottom of a pipe tunnel.  Sticky two sided servo tape works.

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 12:54:32 PM »
They don't mount to the fuse sides. They should mount to a horizontal plane such as the bottom of a pipe tunnel.  Sticky two sided servo tape works.

That is right, it must be mounted horizontally. Reason for such orientation is, that wing is relatively stable, while profile fuselage (but also thin wall fuselage side) vibrates, and that is not any good place for such sensor. We use them also on indoors with thin fuselages from 3mm foam, wing is the only rigid place for them and it works well also on such construction. That is also reason why we do not fix it by screws, adhesive foam is good way for mounting.

Another problem is, that it should be close to CG and fuselage does not have too much space around thick wing for verticaly oriented sensor anyway.

Offline Darkstar1

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 05:18:32 PM »
Does it include the simple timers or are they the same as usual?
Later,
Evolve or get left behind!

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 05:26:56 AM »
Does it include the simple timers or are they the same as usual?

It is the same like was the old timer, just all is on one board, means both timer and sensor are as one PCB (the old solution was sensor on cable and timer in connector).

So the cable is replacable (some guys broke the cable) but there is + one connector, hard to tell which solution is better or safer :- )) ... in any case if anyone wants, no problem to solder cable directly to PCB, it is prepared for such soluion.

Offline Darkstar1

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 12:40:02 PM »
I'm Sorry
I meant the timer without the sensor.
Later,
Evolve or get left behind!

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 12:51:11 PM »
I'm Sorry
I meant the timer without the sensor.

I did not change them, they are still as drops on connectors. Not too many people want them.

http://maxbee.net/timers_f/timers_f.htm

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here