Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ESCs  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
ESCs
« on: October 20, 2016, 11:04:54 AM »
Been reading threads about ESCs, again.  I just did a Google (well, ixquick) search on "open source ESC" -- the results were illuminating.  Apparently the "maker" community is not treating ESCs as an off-the-shelf item.

If someone out there is wishing for an ESC that's customized to work with control line stunt -- here's a starting point.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: ESCs
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 01:26:43 PM »
Gee Tim, when will you start making yours?
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 01:53:21 PM »
Gee Tim, when will you start making yours?

Actually, some of the results that popped up looked like things I could just buy and either use with the right tuning, or tweak a bit.

The quadcopters need to be able to control motor speed pretty tightly, and if they're flying 3D they need to reverse direction to boot -- and they make it all work.  The biggest problem is that most aerobatic quads aren't nearly big enough.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 02:44:31 PM »
Actually, some of the results that popped up looked like things I could just buy and either use with the right tuning, or tweak a bit.

The quadcopters need to be able to control motor speed pretty tightly, and if they're flying 3D they need to reverse direction to boot -- and they make it all work.  The biggest problem is that most aerobatic quads aren't nearly big enough.
hmmm and aerobatic Quadcopter on control line? Tim, not sure that fits the spirit of the event there, but think about the square corners you could do with that!!
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 04:57:22 PM »
hmmm and aerobatic Quadcopter on control line? Tim, not sure that fits the spirit of the event there, but think about the square corners you could do with that!!

Sigh.  Gotta spell it out for the hix from the stix: if it can do aerobatic quadcopter stuff, then it should easily keep up with an Igor Thang.
AMA 64232

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 05:14:29 PM »
Sigh.  Gotta spell it out for the hix from the stix: if it can do aerobatic quadcopter stuff, then it should easily keep up with an Igor Thang.
Hey  I blew right past the ESC question and went right to making a Quad do the pattern,, and I aint no Hick from the stix,, just cause I live in farm land,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 11:26:37 PM »
Hey  I blew right past the ESC question and went right to making a Quad do the pattern,, and I aint no Hick from the stix,, just cause I live in farm land,,

Given how few trees there are out that way maybe I should have said "stick".
AMA 64232

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here