News:

• April 26, 2024, 03:10:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: E-flite 10 - help  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Rafael Souza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
E-flite 10 - help
« on: August 14, 2016, 06:20:45 PM »
Hello,

My name is Rafael,  i'm fron Brazil.

I biuld a new model for my Wife Rafaela,  one Promo Electric.

The model read to fly is 1020 grams.
Wing span is 48'
Motor e-flite 10
Batery is TP 3s 2700 mah 25c
 Esc Castle 45
 Timer by Igor Burger. (Basic timer)

Please what propeller is good for this set-up??
 The motor have good power for this model?  Or it's better to change for one Cobra 2820/12??

Thank for help-me
 Rafael Souza

Offline Motorman

• Admiral

Offline Rafael Souza

• New Pilot
Re: E-flite 10 - help
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 05:33:27 AM »
Hello,

I was fly two diferent props, APC 10x5,8 and APC 11x5,5....the two props got slow lap... n~

One Friend spoke to me about one Electric RD1(may be Bob Hunt) power by E-flite 10 with Lipo 4s? I think to try. It's possible the motor work to 4s or only 3s?

Thank you for help.

Rafael

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 07:57:30 AM »
Was that the 10x5.8EP(F2B) what rpm? About 9,000 should be close. How long are the lines? Are you running out of battery?

MM

Offline Rafael Souza

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 10:20:14 AM »
Was that the 10x5.8EP(F2B) what rpm? About 9,000 should be close. How long are the lines? Are you running out of battery?

MM

APC 10x5.8 EP 10.500 rpm
Lines is 59'

The problem not have  power, I think it's change the battery for 4s I got more power?

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 12:37:31 PM »
Electric has the same power everywhere which is the disadvantage of electric. Glow engine gives you more power up top where you need it. With almost a 6 pitch and 10.5k on 59' lines I can't believe that's not fast as heck.

MM

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 01:11:36 PM »
Electric has the same power everywhere which is the disadvantage of electric. Glow engine gives you more power up top where you need it. With almost a 6 pitch and 10.5k on 59' lines I can't believe that's not fast as heck.

MM
actually if you use govenor mode, it does not have the same power
it applies additional throttle to maintain rpm on the uplines, and reduces throttle on the downlines
I am also somewhat surprised that a 5.8 pitch prop is not fast enough airspeed at this rpm , for reference I turn my 13x4.5 EP at 10400 to get 5.3 lap times on full length lines ( 69.5 feet handle to centerline)
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 02:25:52 PM »
As much as a glow?

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 02:28:11 PM »
As much as a glow?
in my experience there is no comparison, electric is far better at controlling airspeed variations
that said, I have not flown a pipe setup so I cannot speak to that, but with comparison to a run of the mill 4-2-4 set up, its absolutly superior
it is superior to my 2-2-2 setup as well
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 11:42:03 AM »
That's what I'm saying. There's less speed variation with e. They're coming out with timers now that give you more where you need it less where you don't. I tried one but it was so finicky I went back to the FM9.

MM

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 12:41:45 PM »
That's what I'm saying. There's less speed variation with e. They're coming out with timers now that give you more where you need it less where you don't. I tried one but it was so finicky I went back to the FM9.

MM
thats the advantage of electric, it maintains speed better, you dont want the airplane accelerating and decelerating through the flight.
a GLow setup will not maintain flight speed, well perhaps a pipe will but not a fox 35 or other 4-2-4
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 01:02:17 PM »
They're coming out with timers now that give you more where you need it less where you don't. I tried one but it was so finicky I went back to the FM9.

If you mean the Burger or the Fioretti timers then I think you need to be pretty good to take advantage of them.  I know that -- at least as of a couple of years ago -- Paul Walker would do all of his initial trimming with a constant-speed timer, and only start using the speed-servoing features of the Burger timer when he had the airframe close to how he wanted it.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 12:46:56 PM »
If you mean the Burger or the Fioretti timers then I think you need to be pretty good to take advantage of them.  I know that -- at least as of a couple of years ago -- Paul Walker would do all of his initial trimming with a constant-speed timer, and only start using the speed-servoing features of the Burger timer when he had the airframe close to how he wanted it.

I do not think so that you must be pretty good to take advantage of them. At least I see here around that also beginners and kids use it with success. However it is 100% true and it is written in mine description - the model must be trimmed without autothrottle - means sensitivity =0 . The problem is that trim issues affect sensor and wrong acceleartion affects flying. So for beginer (beginner with autothrottle) can be very difficult to see what causes which trim problem. So the best way is to exclude power changes from equation, trim the model and only then set proper power settings.

BTW - it is something happening also with pipe or 4-2-4 ICs, and we cannot just stop them change power, so it is another electric power train advantage. If you are experienced (with autothrottle) you can easily trim such model also with that setting, it even helps (magnifies) to see some trim problems.

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 12:54:55 PM »

MM

Is it my timer? I always recommend to copy complete setup well tested by someone who really understand and only then experiment with modiffications. Fine tuning takes time and needs experience because if you did not see really well working setup, you do not know what to expect. If you have once well working combo, then you can try piece by piece and you can see what works and what does not. It is prop, ESC, battery, motor and if you have 4 components and one of them can be "off" it needs lot and lot of wrong combinations to one well working ... that is just math telling you it is better copy something 100% working even if it costs few $$$ more :- ))))))))))))) 

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here