News:

• April 23, 2024, 02:55:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 10X5EP 3 Blade  (Read 4965 times)

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
10X5EP 3 Blade
« on: May 29, 2017, 10:07:51 AM »
Last summer I had the good fortune to spend a bunch of time with Bill Werwage talking props.I have made a few CF glow props for him and Chris Rud and have been making molds for a few other glow props as well.Being a E kinda guy I knew it would only be a matter of time before I started making molds for the e community.I consulted with Dennis Adamisin a bit before I started this first one and here it is.I will be shipping him a couple for testing tomorrow and hope the rain and wind machine stops so I can have a little testing time as well.More E props are in the planning/mold making process and I will share them as they start to materialize.We need more E prop choices and I'm going to see about providing a few.......Stay tuned!!
If you wanna sing the blues(Fly Stunt) you gotta pay your dues and "I know it don't come easy"

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Captain
Re: 10X5EP 3 Blade
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 12:00:01 PM »
HT-212.Requires 24hr. in the mold.Heat stable to 350 degrees.
If you wanna sing the blues(Fly Stunt) you gotta pay your dues and "I know it don't come easy"

Offline Bob Hudak

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 05:38:20 PM »
That is a very nice looking prop. Good job Jeff. Bet it performs as good as it looks.
Bob

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 06:40:16 PM »
Nice Jeff, nice!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 07:17:46 AM »
Making one mold for a universal,trimable,convenient prop may be OK for sport applications but trying to get efficient,high thrust props for competition is the direction we're heading.After spending all that time with Billy talking the what,why,and how about props it would be an insult to him if I did not try to build the better mousetrap.I made reuseable mold forms and molds are easy enough to make.If it takes a half dozen molds to finally get "That magic prop" it will be worth the effort.Bill Werwage didn't win 3 world championships settling for convenient.Testing,testing,and more testing is the key.I know I'll never fly like him but I will use all the knowledge he bestowed me to make him proud.

Offline Bob Hudak

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 09:26:37 AM »
I had a close look at one of Jeffs props. He isn't making copies of someone elses prop. Gotta get his 3 blade design to evaluate.
Bob

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 04:09:33 AM »
Hi Trax:

CONGRATS & thanks for the new props.  I think the 10" 3-blade is a badly needed addition to our choices.  Using the old guideline that a 3 blade prop needed to be 1" smaller than a 2-blade, I am also really looking forward to the pending 9" 3-blade - to use on Classic sized birds, many of which simply cannot handle oversized props... 
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 06:42:19 AM »
Dennis,I am sending a couple out to Wes for you guys to try out.I am headed out to the field to fly one for the first time this morning.The NW Ohio wind machine finally turned itself off.Hope to get the 9" plug made before I head to Brodak and the mold soon after.

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 03:18:41 PM »
Last summer I had the good fortune to spend a bunch of time with Bill Werwage talking props.I have made a few CF glow props for him and Chris Rud and have been making molds for a few other glow props as well.Being a E kinda guy I knew it would only be a matter of time before I started making molds for the e community.I consulted with Dennis Adamisin a bit before I started this first one and here it is.I will be shipping him a couple for testing tomorrow and hope the rain and wind machine stops so I can have a little testing time as well.More E props are in the planning/mold making process and I will share them as they start to materialize.We need more E prop choices and I'm going to see about providing a few.......Stay tuned!!
Hi Jeff!  Dennis was kind enough to help me get a setup for my Brodak Legacy  :) and recommended an APC 13x4.5 EP or the APC 12x6EP (pushers) I've only used the 12x6EP because of ground clearance issues flying at our grass field  :-\.  Will you be trying to develop a comparable 3-blade, and if so, would you please let me know so I can try one?  I think it would look pretty kool  ;D !

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 06:55:19 AM »
Test props have been shipped and I got to fly one on my Velvet. #^ #^Did quite well on a ship that is much larger than this prop was intended for.I will have a half dozen or so at Brodak for sale.Testing will continue and more sizes will follow soon.

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 07:38:26 AM »
Jeff
I will take one of those props off your hands at Brodaks.
I will have on my #48 blue ball cap.

How will I know who to look for?

Carl

Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 08:57:55 AM »
Hi Jeff!  Dennis was kind enough to help me get a setup for my Brodak Legacy  :) and recommended an APC 13x4.5 EP or the APC 12x6EP (pushers) I've only used the 12x6EP because of ground clearance issues flying at our grass field  :-\.  Will you be trying to develop a comparable 3-blade, and if so, would you please let me know so I can try one?  I think it would look pretty kool  ;D !

Hi Jim,

I've been using a 11x5.5 CF 3-blade on my Legacy, and it works very well.  If you are running 5 cell /2700-2800mah set up, a 11x5.5 should be ideal, much better in the corners then any apc 2-blades.  but it might not work with 4 cells.

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 09:11:28 AM »
Jeff
I will take one of those props off your hands at Brodaks.
I will have on my #48 blue ball cap.

How will I know who to look for?

Carl

My ballcap says Philly Fliers.I'll be there all week planning on getting there Sat. afternoon.I'll find ya!

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 12:53:09 PM »
Jeff:

Save one for me, please.  I'm coming to Brodaks on Monday.  I'm one of the Middlesex guys.

Thanks
Jim Vigani

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 04:31:47 PM »
Jeff:

Save one for me, please.  I'm coming to Brodaks on Monday.  I'm one of the Middlesex guys.

Thanks
Hi Jim,Will do.I was hoping you would be there.I want to talk to you about your profile you had there 2 yrs ago(I missed last year) and the composite wing.Trax

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 10:02:42 PM »
Jeff
We should be there by around 11AM SAturday

Will see ya there.

Carl
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Online bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 08:28:53 AM »
this is a 12/5.5 L.H E prop that I am making
rad racer

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 10:26:45 AM »
Hi Jim,Will do.I was hoping you would be there.I want to talk to you about your profile you had there 2 yrs ago(I missed last year) and the composite wing.Trax

Great.  I'm still flying the profile and will have it with me.  I'm working on a new type construction for a composite wing that we can discuss.
Jim Vigani

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 08:37:06 PM »
Bob
what is the cost of teh 12" prop?

I will see you there on Sunday as you are arriving Sat. afternoon and we will be back at the hotel
checking in.

Carl
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here