News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:05:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Portland Oregon Area  (Read 29584 times)

Offline Scott B. Riese

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • Just a student of stunt
Portland Oregon Area
« on: February 24, 2010, 08:43:57 PM »
I've been involved with control line flying for about 45+ years. I got back into the hobby in 1994. I joined the club here in Portland Oregon "The N.W. Fireballs" where I met several people willing to help.

I now make Control Line Modeling a business, "TYME" Venturi's and Mufflers along with instruction on building and flying.
I am retired and have time to help.

Scott Riese
Riese5080@comcast.net
Scott Riese
Portland, Oregon
AMA 528301

Joe Just

Re: Portland Oregon Area
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 05:27:59 PM »
I highly reccomend Scott.  He is a great teacher, knows his stuff, and has helped many to succeed.  H^^

Joe Just

Offline Pat Chewning

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 10:40:58 AM »
Scott has been very helpful to me as I am just getting started.  In fact, all of the members of the "Fireballs" have gone out of their way to help me with getting the engine running, what parts to use, test-flying my plane to ensure soundness, pointers for flying techniques, and overall encouragement.

The other day I went to the flying field and then come home with new lines, an airplane, and an engine that runs well -- most of it "old junk" for the club members but invaluable for a beginner like me.

Hat's off to all the members of the "Fireballs"!

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 11:02:30 AM »
Pat: I'll need to come out and fly some time.  I'll probably be there on New Years, and definitely for the TuneUp.

All: What Scott said.  He's a good supporter of us all locally, and he knows his way around our toy airplanes.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Online Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 11:46:30 AM »
The only issue with scott is that he forgets to attach his handle to the lines at some contests.  Nerves I guess!

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 12:00:03 PM »
The only issue with scott is that he forgets to attach his handle to the lines at some contests.  Nerves I guess!
Muah hahaha,,,

silly Scott,,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 05:18:37 PM »
Scott's work is excellent and I would recommend him anytime.

kennyb

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 07:32:02 PM »
Plus, if you have any questions about cats, parrots or vet bills, Scott is the one to ask...  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here