To all interested parties here is the 2017 NAT'S flyer for the Nat's CLASSIC/N-30 (Nostalgia 30)and OLD TIME STUNT(OTS) STUNT CHAMPIONSHIP:
2017 NAT’s CLASSIC/N-30/OLD TIME STUNT CHAMPIONSHIPS
Tuesday – July 18Th, 2017 – Muncie, Indiana
• CD: Doug Patterson- firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone (225) 270-2181
• Pilots Meeting 8:15 AM/Competition: 8:3O AM – Tuesday, July 18TH
• Location: L-Pad – AMA Complex - Circles 1 & 2 for OTS and Circles 3 & 4 for CLASSIC/N-30
• Judges – 2 judges on each circle
• Competitors will fly 2 rounds – following completion of first round within their event competitors will change circles – BOTH ROUNDS WILL BE COUNTED in all events.
• APPEARANCE POINTS IN Classic and Nostalgia-30 (N-30) if BOM. NO APPEARANCE POINTS IN OTS
• N-30 (Nostalgia 30) will be flown concurrently with Classic in the flight order – it will be scored and awarded separately from Classic – COMPETITOR CANNOT
COMPETE IN BOTH CLASSIC AND N-30 EVENTS - MUST CHOOSE ONE EVENT BETWEEN THE TWO
• Competitors may enter OTS and either Classic or N-30 (2 events total)
• Placement Awards: 1ST to 5Th Place
• Special Awards:
o Spirit Of ‘52
o Spirit Of ‘64
o Pilot’s Choice Best OLD TIME STUNT (OTS) Aircraft
o Pilot’s Choice Best Classic Aircraft
o Pilot’s Choice Best N-30 Aircraft
• Using all 4 circles of the L-Pad will facilitate completing events much more quickly. Should finish in less than 4 hrs. Last year the 2 circles used for these events
were occupied for over 8 hours - NOT GOOD!!
• Competitors must enter using first the 2017 AMA NATs Unofficial Entry Form (See http://nats.modelaircraft.org/nats-forms/
) (IF NOT REGISTERED IN AMA OFFICIAL
EVENT). You may preregister now with AMA- send $10.00 unofficial entry fee, or register at AMA headquarters front desk when arriving.
• THE EVENT FEE TO ENTER IN CLASSIC/N-30 and OTS IS $10.00 WHETHER YOU ENTER ONE OR TWO EVENTS (PAYABLE TO THE EVENT DIRECTOR OR HIS ASSISTANT
WHEN YOU SIGN UP ON SITE). Must show current AMA licence.
EVENT PREREGISTRATION ON-SITE:
Competitors may preregister for the events on-site from July 15TH until 7:30 AM (morning of event, July 18TH). A registration table will also be set up in the 180 BLDG during appearance judging on Mon. July 17TH for event preregistration. Also, you may let me know from now until just before leaving for the Nat’s the events you wish to enter. Contact me via email or phone. It will be very helpful to get all competitors registered prior to Monday evening so that score sheets and flight orders can be established, so our dedicated ladies at the contest table won’t be overwhelmed, and competition can start promptly at 8:30 AM.
Last year was my first year to CD these events and all the competitors and volunteers sure made it easy for me. So much thanks to all the competitors, volunteers, and judges!
Phone: (225) 270-2181