News:

• April 19, 2024, 05:24:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Moderator Message  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Moderator Message
« on: September 15, 2014, 11:56:34 AM »
Hi, Guys –

I’ve kept a low profile for the last few months due to just the kind of problem that apparently came up yesterday. Robert has apparently taken care of that. ‘sorry I didn’t see it in time.

Here’s my half-cent worth of “wisdom” from “Rules of Engagement” I posted once. Since this is an engineering board, posts should be directed at that topic. Mentioning another person on the board is quite possibly irrelevant and has too often been hurtful. So why do it? That’s not rhetorical. Also, we know that not using the search function often shows disrespect for those who have invested their time and effort to post earlier solutions, but we can still get the point across without attacking. A polite “You might try the ‘Search’ feature,” or even a terse “Search under [key words] for...,” are informative and neutral. Engineering posts should not reflect one’s disdain for other members, invited or not. Otherwise how about just neither worrying nor commenting? I know, I know...it’s hard to ignore rudeness directed at you, but it can be done, and that goes for me too!

Play nice!

SK

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
Re: Moderator Message
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 06:45:44 PM »
O No did some one mention I use to have red hair.  ~^ ~^ ~^ ~^ ~^ ~^ ~^ ~^ VD~ VD~ VD~
 Ed the Red
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
Re: Moderator Message
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 09:28:21 PM »
Hi Serge.
Since the beginning of my membership, I've refrained from posting questions in the engineering forum, because I'm not an engineer, just a Devry(Atlanta) Associate Degree grad in Electronics Engineering Technology from '76. Just enough knowledge to be dangerous, I'm told. If at my level, I'm allowed to post, I'll take care to research the details and not muddy any topics in a way that y'all have to clean up.
Thanks,
Rusty Knowlton
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here