News:

• April 23, 2024, 04:35:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thunder Tiger 25 Pro  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Allen Eshleman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Thunder Tiger 25 Pro
« on: May 01, 2017, 07:16:39 PM »
I am wondering if a Thunder Tiger Pro 25 RC can be made to run well for stunt.  Any comments appreciated.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
Re: Thunder Tiger 25 Pro
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 09:20:40 PM »

Search For OS 25 FSR & Magnum 25 Pro , here .  mw~ mw~

http://stunthanger.com/smf/rat-racing-and-team-racing/magnum-asp-venturis-back-in-stock/

Thesellfit . i usedaFox 19 / 25 schneurle C/L intake whitlled downamil.to fit. Itbigga.

Ittsableedyballrace 25FP . CLONE .

Will Go FOREVER on reasonable fuel . A old Tornado 10 x 6 worn down 9 1/2 worked well , with a 7.25 mm fox intake & Taipan spray bar ,
that leaked air ! Sealing it stuffed up the run ! . Figure it was a ' emulsification jet ' set up . !

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:31:12 PM by Matt Spencer »

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 10:52:15 PM »
runs great in a wet 2 , and makes huge  power, both  the  ball bearing and plain bearing versions

randy

Offline Allen Eshleman

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 03:28:57 AM »
Do they use the same NVA as FP and LA?

How are they in comparison with FP and LA?

Are they good Fox 35 replacements?

Offline Allen Eshleman

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 03:29:45 AM »
What fuel works with them?

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 09:47:24 PM »
Do they use the same NVA as FP and LA?

A wise man would drill the case & spot face it , for ' central ' nva , If he didnt have a fox intake & taipan NVA that leaked so it burbled superbly .

How are they in comparison with FP and LA?

Freer Spinning .

Are they good Fox 35 replacements?

When youve done a touch & go on the Concrete resivoir when its blowing ( trike gear ) and the downforce trims the prop , yea .  S?P

The Phantom which was a Bjornwall Mustunt , 50 in. wing , weighed 47  Oz . tho I usually used 55 Ft of .018 regularly flew in 18 Kt plus winds,
even in a 30 knot. though this isnt really ' relaxing '. It chewed about 10 gallons of whatever you tipped in it , and Still Goes .

It got up to 50 Oz and had a few lawn clippings stuck to it , so I gave it a ' quick wipe ' with a rag & petrol , which took most of an hour ,
as it had got a bit sluggish .

It NEEDED the Tornado Black 9 x 4  wind over 18 Kts, to stop acting like a teathered seagull . Would tow 67 ft of .016 in the calm , tho a bit slack .

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 09:59:25 PM »
Theres a load of tripe on it in the N - 30 thingo .

I think the secrete here was the whole fuel load was inboard of the needle , so youd set it so it didnt go dry overhead -
lower you went , richer it got .

The 36 Oz I - Beam suckers'd have to be ideal . I used a K&B 3.5 muffler can with one outlet bunged nailed on , usually .
A Toungue strangled it a bit . You get a bit marginal at times , so you learn energy conservation , timing &  S m o o t h
flying ,
so it teaches you a lot .

Id think a toothpick 10 x 5 , like a Master black thing , about right . But any 9 , or 10 trimmed if it bogs down , worth trying .

The black tornado 9 x 6 & 9 x 4 would be ideal , when it blows a bit thereabouts .

The First Run on my motor was lean on a 40 Deg. day .  :P Id though ' thats buggered it ' as it had loosened off a bit .
Its a bit looser still after 10 Gals plus , some ' running in ' which we learned has METAL POLISH rather than Extra Castor ,
Which probly did it the least good .

SO , its the Matchless / A.J.S. 350 , of Stunt Engines .

NOW YOU KNOW >  mw~ .

Offline Allen Eshleman

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 05:17:05 PM »
Thanks to all of you.  I missed buying a new one on Ebay. It went for $27.50.  I tried the last 30 second bid but still got outbid.  That's the way it goes.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here