News:

• April 19, 2024, 11:41:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Voodoo  (Read 21713 times)

Offline Tommy Swonke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Voodoo
« on: December 30, 2016, 08:18:50 AM »
Hello everybody ! My name is Tommy, I'm a 69 year old newbie from Livingston Tx.  I've been on a 54 yr. hiatus from C/L flying and lately I've decided to get back to it and build a kit and and get back in the circle.  I was in a flying club from Houston called "The Flying Fiends" I flew mainly combat back then and got pretty good at it.  My planes of choice were the Voodoo's. I would love to have another one and just wanted to see if anybody here has a Voodoo kit they are willing to part with.  There are no C/L clubs in this area of E.Texas so I would just be a weekend warrior doing it just for the joy of flying these magnificent combat planes. Any responses will be greatly appreciated.      Tommy

Online Dan Berry

• Admiral
Re: Voodoo
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 08:54:46 AM »
Katy, Texas has a field and has guys flying.
I cannot help with getting a Voodoo kit.

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 09:08:57 AM »
Check here

http://www.lazer-works.com/misc.html

Scroll down, they're in alphabetic order. Plus this guy's in Texas.

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 09:19:09 AM »
Tomy PM sent to you
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 12:11:48 PM »
And the guy does terrific work.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 12:50:59 PM »
Most people gave up on the kits and just scratch-built Voodoos and such planes.

One simplifying change was to do away with the rib notching at the TE and just let the covering bridge the 1/16" imperfection. And, of course, no square spar on the centerline of the ribs. 

Another was the use of a full 1/2" center rib in lieu two ribs sandwiching the engine mount. 
Paul Smith

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral

Offline Tommy Swonke

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 05:55:05 AM »
Just want to thank you guys for all the info about the Voodoo....after all these years it was way more than I expected ! So glad I found this group !

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 09:55:15 AM »
Tommy,

Welcome to the Forum.  H^^

I don't do combat so I cannot offer a cure all.

However. I remember seeing a photo of an interesting combat model. It may have been for sale on ebay? Not sure.

What was interesting about this combat model was the tank location and placement. It was a wedge type tank and was mounted on the port side of the fuselage. The "wedge" was facing forward, aerodynamic, and the tank top and bottom was flared into the leading edge, my guess with simple balsa or thin ply.

I never saved the photo, and I should have.

"Just thought I'd throw that out there." A line from the movie, "State of Play."

Go for it Tommy!

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Tommy Swonke

• Ensign
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 10:43:53 AM »
Thank you for that  info.....I have already sent an email to Brodak asking them to recommend a tank that will fit inside the wing of the Voodoo. I'm pretty sure they will know which tank I need. What do you think ?

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 12:12:16 PM »
I used the old Veco 4 ounce tanks that were 1 inch thick and fit just between the ribs.  Do the fuel line feed and vent line as shown.  Do not bore holes thru the leading edge.  In fact I think leading edge was 1 inch thick.  While filling hold nose down and fill thru the vent.  When fuel comes out venture it full if you hold plane so that corner of tank is high.  With this set up its easier to pinch off line if using crankcase pressure type engine.  Works on suction too if you don't lean the engine out too much.  The engine will go leaner as the tank runs dry  in less you make it uni-flo(another thing to search for and set up).  VooDoo's are good planes.  Our hobby shop at the time couldn't get them fast enough to keep in stock.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 09:14:22 AM »
for our Combat Graffiti event, we found using a bladder or suction seems to be less trouble than a pressure tin tank. I use suction mostly and make it into a uniflow, pick up tube on the bottom of the wing, air vent on the top. Point the nose down while filling and watch for the fuel in venturi.

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 10:28:20 AM »
Guys

Tommy needs to know ( and I don't know the answer) what tank might be closest to the Veco T21 called for on the GoldBerg Plan of the Kitted VooDoo

He has a original kit and a New Fox 35 (his preference)

Bladder or pacifier is not his forte or past experience--- so he prefers a hard tank that will work...I did not clutter his just now re-learning with Uniflo...his past experience was VooDoo, Fox 35 on Crank Pressure to tin tank

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 11:39:52 AM »

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2017, 02:30:00 PM »
 Yes the old Veco's were 1 inch thick X 2 inch wide.  The length was the same as ounces.  Brodak does list the tank size if you click on the tank.  I my self wouldn't go more than 4 ounces.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2017, 02:56:46 PM »
As a Demon on 60 ft lines with a OS 30 on a 9x6 works rather well , Id think the voodoo with the Fox , similarly proped would be equaly usefull .

A Fox 35 on a Goodyear would have to be intresting , too . >:D R%%%% H^^

Offline Tommy Swonke

• Ensign
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2017, 09:50:53 PM »
 Ok guys, I'm just soaking in all this great information and I still have plenty of time to decide which tank will be best for me.

Hey Dane, I like that tank from Brodak, but is it all ready configured for the crank pressure set-up or is it uni-flow ?  I remember that back in the day we had too buy uni-flow (because that was the only one available) and modify it ourselves. (poke a hole in it and insert and solder in another copper tube to accommodate the pressure tube from the crank case).

Thanks everyone for all the good advice and comments....keep 'em coming !

Tommy

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2017, 10:25:03 PM »
Not uniflow on that one. It's set up for regular suction. So so stick it in the wing, and extend the vent / overflow tubes out the top and bottom. Fill from the top, when you get over flow, put a plug in the bottom. Then stick the crankcase line on top. There's other super cool ways, but that's really easy

Offline Tommy Swonke

• Ensign
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2017, 06:01:00 AM »
 Dane, thanks for the response. Now let me say that I'm going to run that Fox 35 "stock" for a while. So can I still use that Brodak Tank that you showed me ? It would be nice if I could because later on I"m probably going to want set up that engine for crank pressure.

Tommy

P.S.  Guys please understand and be patient with me.  It's been 54 years since I did this and some of the terminology used today is foreign to me.  Trying to recall memories from my teen years is getting more and more difficult.

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2017, 10:19:57 AM »
Moving the tank vents is one of the most basic jobs of a control line builder.  Your life in CL will be a lot better if you give up trying to live with tanks as they are and resolve to make the vents the best they can be for every project.

Soldering iron, torch, solder, flux, 1/8" brass tubing, a drill, a box of baking soda.  Not too expensive, but essential.

I play it safe and have engine feed, uniflow, muffler pressure and filler vents.  That way I can test fly and plug the ones I don't need.  Also, I position the filler vents so I can gas up in car position and not hold the model at funny angle.  To really get smart, position the filler so the overflow misses the model.

The picture is a 30-year-old model in the chop for a 5-year rehab.  The 50 cc tank worked OK, but it was a little too small.  I'm going up to 60 cc with and old Acme tank.
Paul Smith

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2017, 01:49:35 PM »
I agree with Paul with one exception. filling the tank through one vent tube that is left open (on top of the wing) is very easy. Point the nose down and squeeze.

put the vent tube about 3/4" from the pick up inside the tank and you will be good to go.  It works well with stupid diesels .....and they don't like anything! LL~

Good luck with the tank, it's easier than this thread would seem.

here is a link to some pictures of vintage diesel combat. You will see a pix of the top vent. The pick up tube looks about the same on the bottom of the wing.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=vintage+diesel+combat&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=662&tbm=isch&imgil=xqE2lFy5YvHPfM%253A%253BzwUPp05egyIM3M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.flyinglines.org%25252Fmckay.dbathowto.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=xqE2lFy5YvHPfM%253A%252CzwUPp05egyIM3M%252C_&usg=__5r2pdtN6pI7NNXaf9v_xeC5EXpY%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjunqmGqqTRAhWG1IMKHeBBCBYQyjcIMA&ei=2LtqWO7SFoapjwTgg6GwAQ#imgrc=PsaS_2waH1neeM%3A

K

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2017, 03:22:42 PM »
All of this is true. If you're plan is to pressure feed tanks, you'll want to research that aspect of modeling. It is pretty easy, and will be nice to know if you stuff tin tanks in wings.
However, for your first aircraft in like 50 years, a fox on a standard suction tank will work pretty troublefree for a lot longer than that plane will last VD~

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2017, 02:22:41 PM »
I used the old Veco 4 ounce tanks that were 1 inch thick and fit just between the ribs.  Do the fuel line feed and vent line as shown.  Do not bore holes thru the leading edge.  In fact I think leading edge was 1 inch thick.  While filling hold nose down and fill thru the vent.  When fuel comes out venture it full if you hold plane so that corner of tank is high.  With this set up its easier to pinch off line if using crankcase pressure type engine.  Works on suction too if you don't lean the engine out too much.  The engine will go leaner as the tank runs dry  in less you make it uni-flo(another thing to search for and set up).  VooDoo's are good planes.  Our hobby shop at the time couldn't get them fast enough to keep in stock.

Hey John, I was probably one who helped create the shortage of VooDoo kits.  I found a shop at Independence Center which had a stack of VooDoo Double kits for $6.95 each.  I kind of overstocked and bought 8 double kits.  That was in the 1980's.  I still have 6 double kits (12 VooDoos) in the shop.  I might get them built if I live another 50 or 60 years.  The VooDoo is a very fun 1960's style combat ship and as a matter of fact, I flew one with a Super Tigre G21-.35 at the Olathe KS Nationals in 1968 for my final match and won the 5th place trophy.  All of my other planes (Wooten Vampires) had been destroyed by that final match.....so I hauled out the old VooDoo and it came through for me.  Very fun airplanes.  Ah, to be young again ! ,,,   D>K     H^^

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2017, 03:02:56 PM »
I flew over a dozen each VooDoos and Combat Cats.  Plus many others, including the Sneaker, Demon, Wasp, SuperStar and others.

Airframes are all over-rated.  The big thing was a quick start, and good engine run and FAST.
Paul Smith

Online Tom_Fluker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2017, 04:07:47 PM »
If you go to Scobee field (west side of Houston off of Hwy 6 by the American Shooting Center) you will find a group that flies routinely.  If you remember names from 50+ years, you will find one of those guys there routinely.

Tom

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 11:21:22 AM »
Tom... Thanks, I personally have not made the 5 hr trip down there yet tho I do plan to someday

I also told Tommy of that place and group. I have met Rich Stubblefield several times at other places in Texas

I also recommended Rich's brew or Brodak or Sig for fuel needs

I sent Tommy an old die crushed iron wood Goldberg single VooDoo kit..
previous, I used it to copy the parts and build with my own wood and strongly suggested he do same and later sell the dinosaur kit...but he sounds fixed to build the kit per instructions and fully relive his youth of kit built VooDoos with Modified Fox .35 stunt engines ( generally pressurized hard tank set up)

I also strongly recommend Barry Baxter Plans service for a full sized VooDoo plan and suggestion Tommy look around as there is a great collection of nostalgia and fun designs Baxter has available

I personally know what it is like to live rural with zero other CL flyers anywhere near.  Very steep re-learning curve...thankfully these web sites give a guy a fighting chance

In my youth I had learned bladder pressure so I can't offer any advice to Tommy for a good replacement of the VooDoo plans call for a modified Veco T21 tank

From my Baxter VooDoo plans the "in wing" tank area is;

LE to Spar 4"
LE inside is 3/4" tall
Rib High Point width is 1 9/32 tall
Rib tallness In front of mid chord Spar Is 1" tall
Inside Distance from Outer center rib to next rib outboard is 1 15/16th (( A 2" wide tank will NOT fit without moving the center or first outer rib)

Short of learning how to build a tank, he needs to know the most likely to fit Brodak or other source tank

Initially in suction and later to play with crankcase pressure... from a Fox .35

I don't think Tommy needs to worry about carrying enough fuel for combat competition so tank size in Oz is NOT critical IMO

I am positive my meager attempt to describe UniFlow did not sink in, but Tommy sounds to me like a smart guy who can figure out this stuff given time and experience

Example... it did not take me long to learn what UniFlo was,  and why.

But the fellows using muffler pressure on a UniFlo tank confused me as ANY pressure system to the tank (seems to me) does NOT require anything other than the pickup tube in a location to use ALL the FUEL...BUT it did occur to me that a UniFlo tank can be used in any configuration so I focused on buying this style of internal tube layout

So to recap
Tommy is a re-tread desiring to play with  a  VooDoo -powered by Fox .35 and he has CC pressure experience--currently is gaining knowledge

He currently has:
NOS--Goldberg VooDoo single Kit
Fox .35 stunt engine NIB
On the way Brodak Oriental Die cut kit
On the way Evo .36CL
He is sourcing glues, tools, and stuff to outfit a building shop

Many of you on this cold winter day...Currently 18F in Cen Texas (normal is 53F) can obviously see--- there are a LOT of other considerations and Stuff to learn or get

Lines
Handle
Props
Fuel
Glow starter
Flite kit
Tools
Glues
Covering
and the list goes on and on

A few years back many of you all helped set me up with a lot of "probability of success", ideas, suggestions, and many times the exact item or part I needed

I am trying to help Tommy best I can, but still too new to be the total GURU..

Fred von Gortler IV

Online Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2017, 09:55:09 AM »
Tommy, your probably of success will improve with a trip to Scobee field and a visit with Mark Troutman. Flying something more sedate than a Voodoo for your first flight in a lot of years will be......... easier. Mark is there almost every day flying something. 

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2017, 10:33:14 AM »
2016 was the first Voodoo I've built since 1969.
My very first was in 1966. Somewhere, I have a color print of that one.
 God, I went through many in the combat wars.
Anyway,  this one is from scratch, all cut-out by hand, including the leading edge.
Silk and Dope.
Flying it this past summer was a trip down memory lane.

EDIT: No Fox on this one.

Offline Tommy Swonke

• Ensign
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2017, 11:29:08 AM »
 Hello Dan, I've already got a trip to Scobee field coming up this spring it will be a fun trip !

And Frank, that is one good lookin' Voodoo buddy.  I acquired an original Riley Wooten, Goldberg model Voodoo, Still in original box.  Along with that I've got a brand new Fox 35 (also still in original box) to go on it. Just seeing that Voodoo box ignited such fond memories of those days so log ago. I built my first one in 1962 and as I recall ( At least in my area) they were always hard to find. They were constantly on back-order I can only hope that mine turns out half as good as yours.  
 Thanks for posting it Frank ! I love it !

Tommy

Offline Tommy Swonke

• Ensign
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 11:48:50 AM »
 I would love to see more Voodoo pictures if anybody else has any !!

Offline badbill

• Commander
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2017, 12:48:47 PM »
Here's my two Voodoo's and my Sneeker.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is just right!

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2017, 01:09:32 PM »
Here's my friend Alan's voodoo. It's 38 years old. He built it with an os .19 as a "trainer" so to speak. His kids flew it quite a bit.

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2017, 06:54:36 PM »
still trying to get the s-monocoat off of my voodo. It flew great with a lighter engine (Enya 29) much faster with my old 36x but not as snappy.

Fun flying the oldies

Offline Tommy Swonke

• Ensign
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2017, 09:31:52 PM »
Thanks for posting Dane,  That ol' warrior has seen many battles I suspect.

As I told Charles and Fred, I'm shelving my Voodoo build for now and I'm going to build The Oriental I bought from Leester.   I want to do that build first just to get my feet wet a little on building a model again.  And especially to acclimate myself to the ultrakote coverings.  That will be a good warm-up to prepare me for the Voodoo build.  I really want the Voodoo to look especially nice.  Also the oriental will be a good plane to get back in the circle with to ease me back into flying and shake off 54 years of rust.

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2017, 12:09:20 PM »
EDIT: No Fox on this one.

Say WHAT????

OMG... I can't believe what I just saw: Frank Imbriaco posting a picture of a Voodoo he built and it has an ST on the front????

I'm tellin' Larry.

LL~

As for the call for Voodoo pics...

Here's the last one I had:

And it DID have a FOX on it!!
Searching to find my new place in this hobby!

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2017, 02:53:08 PM »
Hey Andre :
Yup. My first ST Ukie engine. Had a ST 2300 R/C and it was awful; to say the least. Got a lifetime supply of deadstick landings  using it on a Dave Patrick Ultimate. Reflecting back, that was good  for experience and glad I unloaded it for a YS 4 stroke.
This  St C 35 plain bearing version runs quite well on a pacifier... and it's lighter , to boot , than the ST G35 BB version, so I'm satisfied.

I assure you that it's out numbered by 20 Foxes. y1

L.S. saw it and winced ! ::)

Happy New Year,
Frank

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2017, 05:32:52 PM »
2016 was the first Voodoo I've built since 1969.
 No Fox on this one.
n1

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2017, 05:59:03 PM »
Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2017, 06:40:52 AM »
Yo, Al:

Looks like Frankie needs a little "talkin' to".  Maybe time for Tommy "Hammer Hands" Hampshire to pays him a little visit... no?

A. Mingliano

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2017, 07:28:28 AM »
blank
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 04:33:08 PM by Motorman »

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2017, 08:31:20 AM »
Ha, Fox 36xBB $14.95 same thing it's worth today.

MM

I'll gladly purchase all the usable 36X BB engines you have at $14.95.

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2017, 08:54:36 AM »
Yo, Al:

Looks like Frankie needs a little "talkin' to".  Maybe time for Tommy "Hammer Hands" Hampshire to pays him a little visit... no?

A. Mingliano
   Andre we will have to cut Frankie some slack here, he's not 18 anymore  Z@@ZZZ. The power of the FOX 36X is a lot to handle  ;D, so the smart thing for him to do is put a ST or K&B up front  <=.

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2017, 09:17:07 AM »
 Al :
That's why I'm mainly flying electric stuff. Can't cut the mustard.

MM :
I, too, will take all the Fox 36xBB and will double , no triple the 14.95 for good, complete used ones. If you or anyone reading have NIB 36xBB, tell me last and I'll up the ante.
 Oops, I'm not helping myself as they are ever increasing in value. HB~>

Frank
P.S. : Andre -  FWIW: T.H. is for advice, the enforcer, who shall remain unnamed, has been known to frequent  the local joints near Giants stadium in the NJ Meadowlands.

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2017, 11:02:23 AM »
You guys are cracking me up! I however have the first stuff of a voodoo in 2017. Think about it, guys like me have been stuffing these things for 55 years. Mine was actually 47 years old. Think I got my monies worth I paid 10 dollars for it in 1985. It had a 36x Needle bearing on it. Oh, BTW  a baldie is going for 170 on da bay right now. I'll stick with the old BB cause it only goes 120mph. I can't keep up with anything faster.
T
AMA 13001

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2017, 12:03:32 PM »
Yeah Al... I see's what you's saying: Cut the ol' man some slack.   :)!

(For Frank to read ONLY: Don't tell the Enforcer, but I have a C35 currently at the Gluedobber's resident ST guru Randy Dailey's place. He's fixed it up with all new innards/etc. I'll be picking it up soon. My hope is to put it on the front of a Zipper [already have a lazer cut Zipper kit] as a tribute to Randy's 1966 Sr. Combat win where he used an ST C35 powered Zipper for his Nats win.)

OH... and by the way...

Tommy Swonke:

Welcome aboard!  As you can see, us old guys that love the old combat airplanes don't take things too seriously!  We're in it only for the fun! Glad to have you join us!

EDIT: Also forgot to say...

Good looking airplanes BADBILL!!

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2017, 01:38:34 PM »
Ken< Andre> Frank and others

Tommy does not know about Graffiti or Nostalgia combat.... yet

I would dearly love Bob Mears to host a old time combat weekend

Travel for us Texans to BC or GSCB is a bit ambitious...BUT Tulsa Glue Dobbers is dooable (for me)

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2017, 02:49:25 PM »
AMA 13001

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2017, 03:45:04 PM »

Offline Tommy Swonke

• Ensign
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2017, 03:56:23 PM »
 Tom, Thanks for the link....I loved it !

Andre, and thank you for the warm welcome....it means a lot.

Tommy

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2017, 04:17:49 PM »
Here ya go Tommy.
This is an event I call Combat Graffiti. It has rules and so on but mainly is a builders event with some limited combat tossed in for good measure.
The page is about the 2012 contest and there is a video link that is a hoot. Part of the fun are period costumes........having said that, "Buddy Holley" showed up with a Canadian accent........what a hoot.

http://flyinglines.org/graffiti.12.html

Ken

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here