News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:32:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mono Boom short kit  (Read 3186 times)

Offline Ken Burdick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Mono Boom short kit
« on: September 23, 2016, 10:55:25 AM »
Pat Johnson is now offering a Mono Boom short kit. If you have ever seen on up close or fly then you know how cool they are. There is only one trice if you use the Hoffelt .36 on the 40-50% nitro, take it off without a high speed visit.
Mine id in the mail.

Ken

Offline badbill

• Commander
Re: Mono Boom short kit
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 12:23:33 PM »
Pat Johnson is now offering a Mono Boom short kit. If you have ever seen on up close or fly then you know how cool they are. There is only one trice if you use the Hoffelt .36 on the 40-50% nitro, take it off without a high speed visit.
Mine id in the mail.

Ken

I can just about understand this, and that worries me  y1 <=
Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is just right!

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 03:00:41 PM »
heck, we all thought high aspect was the way to go, but these things were on the edge of finicky and dangerous. The engine was the only thing as fast or faster than a McFadden Fox. All pre Henry so it's a cool project. After Henry....everything flew good.
Did the FAI version get around much? Nothing but nothing would fill the sky better than a bell cranked Mono Boom covered with super Mono cote.

K

Offline Bob Mears

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 07:55:24 AM »
Mine id in the mail.

Ken
So how do I contact Pat Johnson?
Home of the control line combat museum.

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 09:36:39 AM »
Here ya go Bobby.
There is also a Nemesis short kit there as well. Pat was in cahoots with me on the Gee Bee carrier plane.....was his profile stunter at 3/4 size.

patsplans@yahoo.com

http://flyinglines.org/bbb.burdick.geebee.html

ken

Offline Bob Mears

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 07:59:57 AM »
I just got a couple of Nemisis and Bosta kits. Didnt know he did the Monoboom too. Ordred it today and ask what all he builds in combat kits. Might as well load up!
Home of the control line combat museum.

Offline Pat Johnston

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 08:19:15 AM »
I might as well get into the act.  I am Pat Johnston (yes, with a "T"!) and am laser cutting the Mononboom short kits.  They are $25 each plus shipping.  In a four pack, I cover the postage in the USA.  The kit includes the ribs, tail and monoboom, wing tips, B/C mount and a 1/32" plywood rudder.  The plans are sent in a PDF form (which is printable) that has the critical dimensions for spacing the ribs accordingly.  Full sized plans are not necessary this way.  This routine saves a lot of needless effort and costs per kit.  Feel free to get in touch and use my direct E-mail address (patsplans at yahoo dot com).
Pat

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »
what a hoot.....Mono booms fly again.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here