News:

• April 24, 2024, 06:54:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flying Lines  (Read 2142 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Flying Lines
« on: October 13, 2016, 08:36:58 PM »
I have just spent several hours on the site,   flyinglines.org   reading the articles.   This was just the combat section.   A lot of people that are still flying that I didn't know flew combat.  Of course back in the late 50's and thru the 60's Combat and rat race were the events.  A lot of info on that site as well as the Gluedobbers site. 

The combat stooge is what caught my eye as I don't think the carpet sleeve would work for me with the old time combat planes.  Anyway I'm going to try and fabricate one and hopefully not destroy planes or my self. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Greg McCoy

• Commander
  • flying tiger B24 gunnery school patch Laredo
Re: Flying Lines
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 06:17:36 PM »
Make the carpet stooge taller.
AMA 77370

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 01:38:04 PM »
yes, the carpet style launchers work great. I have on in F-L someplace and it uses 2" pvc pipe from home depot. It stands about 4 ft high with a platform on it. The thing that is important is the little strip of wood that is just behind the t.e. It keeps the sleeve into the correct shape and holds the thing in when running. When you pull it out, do it slowly and smoothly....don't jerk it out.
Simple and effective.

Cheers.\\Ken

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 03:48:19 PM »
I've used that style stooge for little 1/2-A planes, and it works great.  I think it would even work for a full-sized stunter, if you're careful.  "Careful", in this case, means don't tell the owner of the plane what you're borrowing it for.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here