News:

• April 19, 2024, 11:43:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bladder sizes  (Read 4380 times)

Dwayne

• Trade Count: (0)
Bladder sizes
« on: June 02, 2016, 06:38:44 AM »
Hi guy's
Please what size surgical tubing do I need for.
Fox. 15
Fox .35
Fox MK III Combat special
It's been a while since I ordered tubing and I can't remember, but I think 5/32" ID 1/16" wall for the Fox 15 and 1/4" ID 1/16" wall for the rest?
Thanks

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
Re: Bladder sizes
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 07:11:58 AM »
That's always been a tough question with no perfect answer.   Products have varied over time.  The current heavy yellow stuff used in F2D seems to last a long time.  With a fine thread needle you can live with the high pressure.

The key element is not the engine. We use the same bladders for 15 & 36 engines.  The main issue in fitting into the compartment without pinching the bladder.

Hopefully the current source of F2d bladders will chime in.
Paul Smith

Dwayne

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 08:12:31 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I'm using OS 10 and 15 needles so I think I'll stick with what's familiar, I went ahead and ordered some 1/4X1/16
Thanks again

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 09:44:24 AM »
The yellow stuff has been the standard in the U.S. for years. You can get it from Phil C. The tubing you ordered is also good but may burst before the yellow does. I use 1/4 x 1/16 in my speed models that use a bag, yellow for all combat but 1/2A.
4 0z for Fast, 3-4 oz for F2D, 2 oz for speed limit. My favorite tank quote is from Ron Columbo. "I use 2 oz for Fast Combat.....get it done fast"

Dwayne

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 10:02:46 AM »
The yellow stuff has been the standard in the U.S. for years. You can get it from Phil C. The tubing you ordered is also good but may burst before the yellow does. I use 1/4 x 1/16 in my speed models that use a bag, yellow for all combat but 1/2A.
4 0z for Fast, 3-4 oz for F2D, 2 oz for speed limit. My favorite tank quote is from Ron Columbo. "I use 2 oz for Fast Combat.....get it done fast"

Yes sir , one of the first things I was taught was how to fuel proof and seal a bladder tube so you can suck the fuel out after a bladder breaks. More than once...lol  n~

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 05:17:53 PM »

Yeah Ronnie short bagged against me in Detroit 2 weeks ago and it cost him. I put on a full bag and he didn't kill me quick(which I was sure would happen). I ended up beating him with airtime. Never thought I would win a match against Columbo. Pure luck on my part.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 06:14:36 AM »
They take the short tank thing to extremes.  But with a Nelson 36 there isn't much chance of carrying five minutes worth of fuel.
Paul Smith

Offline Brad LaPointe

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 05:09:36 PM »
Dwayne ,

If your at the T&D's tomorrow Yaro will probably have bladder tubing for sale . The guys are going to run both events on Saturday because Sunday looks like crap . F2D first , 80 mph after . I threatened to fly stunt but someone else will have to be last .

Brad

Dwayne

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 07:23:03 PM »
Dwayne ,

If your at the T&D's tomorrow Yaro will probably have bladder tubing for sale . The guys are going to run both events on Saturday because Sunday looks like crap . F2D first , 80 mph after . I threatened to fly stunt but someone else will have to be last .

Brad

Hey Brad what's up? I have to work this year so I won't be there :'( Hope you guys have  good time, funny though in the 6 years I've been going we've had one perfect weekend, it's either been to windy or rain must be something jynxed about the first weekend in June.  LL~

Offline Brad LaPointe

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 03:56:22 AM »
We never have two good days at T&Ds . Combat is tough in the wind , stunt with the trees just doesn't happen .

Brad

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 12:31:34 PM »
re the 2 oz bag....old dogs and young man strategies.....:)
There is only one Columbo and he's a keeper.

Ken

Offline Bob Mears

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 01:55:04 PM »
Any of you boys going to Brodak?
Home of the control line combat museum.

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 03:55:14 PM »
No on Brokdak's.

Bladder size: Think mine's gotten smaller with age.

Andre

Searching to find my new place in this hobby!

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 03:02:27 PM »
Geez,  2oz. of fuel in fast?  My Nelson barely breaks 2:15 with 5oz. of fuel and it doesn't have a wet nose either.
phil Cartier

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here