News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:01:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Super Ares  (Read 9748 times)

Offline Ty Marcucci

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Super Ares
« on: May 15, 2016, 11:08:24 PM »
Done
Ty Marcucci

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: Super Ares
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 11:27:16 AM »
Very nice, Ty. One of your best efforts. Hope it flies to your expectations.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 09:23:24 PM »

Looks great Ty! y1
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 05:57:10 AM »
Great job Ty!  I always thought the "Super's" were the best looking of the Ares series, he really got it right with those, and you have done it justice.  An St-46 would cure the biggest weak spot of the originals...
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 08:15:30 AM »
       Outstanding TY!!!
           Doug

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 08:34:41 AM »
I can sympathize with Ty completely as to the humidity problems.  The part of NC I lie in is on record with the highest ever temp in the state and our humidity is almost always over the threshold for painting.  Only in the colder parts of our winter does the humidity drop enough to allow normal painting.  On beautiful Spring and Summer days with great sunshine, the humidity MIGHT drop to 79%.  Not only do the beautiful women blush around here! LL~

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 11:12:35 PM »
The Super Ares looks really smooth and a nice color combination, Ty! Good job!

I don't know much about the Super Ares. How much area, and what was the original power? I thought it would have been a ST .46. Ciao, Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 10:14:11 PM »
Hi Steve. It has 720 sq inches;60" ws x 15" root x 9" tip.  50 oz ready to fly.  T&L ST .46 H^^

Thanks, Ty, for the info. What I meant was, what power did the designer use? I assume that was Billy W., but don't even know that for sure. I guess I can assume that it was Classic Legitimati...  ;D Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 10:19:05 PM »
Great job Ty!  I always thought the "Super's" were the best looking of the Ares series, he really got it right with those, and you have done it justice.  An St-46 would cure the biggest weak spot of the originals...

Or a PA 40 , about twiced the power, super smooth
Ask Charlie Reeves   or Jim Lynch, they have done really well at the  NATs Compitition Too

Randy

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 02:32:47 PM »
Looks real nice, Ty. Like to see it at VSC next year.
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 10:15:34 AM »
Right on Randy, only too bad they are not available........ D>K

Ty  I just built  and  sold  some ( PA 40 SE ) a few weeks back, I may make more in the coming weeks, I have to check and match parts

Also good engines for this are  HP 40, ST G51 , Magnum 52 , 53,  ST G21 46, Enya 45SS, OS 46 LA, OS 40 FSR  OS 45 FSR, Magnum 45 FSR, Thunder Tiger/Royal 45 FSR  OS 50 for sale in classifieds,

Randy

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 04:22:27 PM »
When Billy first built this model he used a K&B.45. I just read it today in the Steve Wooley Cobra article. ~^
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2016, 09:30:16 AM »
I just creamed my 59 Ares practicing in the wind at the recent Brodak event. She went straight in at the bottom of an outside square....quite a crash! Lawn Dart City. What is the difference between the Ares and Super Ares? Thanks,PhillySkip

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2016, 03:53:58 PM »
Ty thanks for the info. I'll secure some plans for the Super Ares.I agree the Ares has got to be one of the most beautiful stunter ever designed.PhillySkip

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 05:45:16 PM »
Ty sorry about so long responding to your question about my Ares crash at Brodaks. For some reason this thread slipped my mind. I was practicing in pretty blustery conditions after the day's competition. I flew my Ares pretty fast with lap times under 5 secs on 61 ft lines. I thought that it might be a better plane to fly than my Nobler if it was really windy the next day. Anyway, on this afternoon the wind was swirling and I was trying to find the best position to stunt. At the time I wasn't flying the pattern,but just feeling out my ship. I noticed that on an earlier outside square that my lines would go soft when I hit down on the first corner. So I moved my position o the right a bit. On the fatal outside square I think that the wind got my lines on the bottom corner and my ship went in full bore real lawn dart style. The ground was soft and the nose was 6" into the turf. As far as crashes go it was a real 10!....PhillySkip

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here