News:

• April 19, 2024, 09:11:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need some color help, please!  (Read 3248 times)

Offline Bill Little

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Need some color help, please!
« on: May 19, 2015, 03:47:43 PM »
I know someone has a copy of the Goldberg Shoestring original instructions.  There was a color mixing recommendation for the "Chartreuse".  I *think* it was 8 parts Cub Yellow and 2 parts Cessna Green.  Can someone please verify this?  I had this written down and have now lost it.  I want to recreate my first "big" plane, but I am using the Brodak kit.
Thanks!
Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Need some color help, please!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 05:45:52 PM »
8 parts Cub Yellow, 1 part Cessna Green.

FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 06:26:06 PM »
If someone has the plans for the Berkeley Shoestring, there was a note that gave the proportions to mix for the Shoestring Chartruese.  But I think the mix was based on Aerogloss colors.

Keith

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 06:41:09 PM »
Here ya go Bill.

Take a peek and take a couple of aspirin. After viewing this page, you'll need them.   n~

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartreuse_green
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline GonzoBonzo

• GonzoBonzo
  • 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 08:54:26 PM »
I think you're going to need a bit of white also.  As you can see the color is quite pale.  I would think adding the green would get the tint correct, but would also darken the yellow.
Gonzo

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 05:40:23 PM »
8 parts Cub Yellow, 1 part Cessna Green.

Hi Mike,

I know this is very late, but my feeble mind "thought" I had thanked you on this thread!  SORRY!!
I actually do want the color mixture called out of the Goldberg plans, not the actual Shoestring color since I painted my first one by that Goldberg formula and I am building a "scale model" of my first BIG plane!  That was 1964 and I have actually "some how" saved the wing decal with the original silkspan around the edges.  This is the model that eventually ended up with a pair of nylon stockings used to cover the wing.  I had no where near enough to home to buy actual silkspan so we ended up using all sorts of things to cover wings for repairs like parachute nylon (they were plentiful Fort Bragg's drop zones started maybe 10 miles from my house)

If I wanted the Cadillac Chartreuse I would go down to my paint guy at the NAPA store and order a can.  But thanks to ALL for the help!  I have talked to Keith about actually building a scale Shoestring.

Bill "Coach" Little
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 02:42:31 PM »
Bill, from my plans of one I am presently assembling.

Thanks, Chief!  I have a funny story for you, about a picture of my Shoestring.  I was dating my first "real girlfriend" then, I was 15 and we dated over a year.  I had a B/W picture of me and the Shoe, taken on the walkway to the front door of my house.  I had given her this picture at the time and then forgot I ever did.  I got an email from her about a month ago saying she had some things she wanted to send me from way back when.  I did not know it but she had a scrap book of my pictures, etc., from back then!  She sent me a big envelope with three pages from that scrapbook!  I had no idea some of those pictures had been taken.  The one with me and the Shoestring was in there!  So I have a picture of me and a model airplane from my youth and it was a pleasant surprise!  If I get a new scanner, I will scan and post that picture, the only one I have of me and a model from back then!  I thought it was neat and thanked her a lot.....  She also included a High School athletic monogram letter in all the stuff.

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here