News:

• March 28, 2024, 06:37:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Humbler and Shark 45  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Humbler and Shark 45
« on: March 27, 2017, 07:48:53 PM »
Were the Humbler and Shark 45 the same plane? If so ,why the name change? Just curious....PhillySkip

Offline afml

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Humbler and Shark 45
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 09:14:01 PM »
Hi Skip,
To Quote a previous post:
"" to set the record straight... The difference between the Humbler and the Shark. When Jetco  kidded the Shark they told Lou the name Humbler was not a good name for the market. They changed the to Shark. The original name humbler was a take off from the Nobler. There are differences in the Humbler and the Shark.
My friend Charlie Reeves and I set down with the original pencil drawings and the construction was done from these drawings. Without going into great detail the difference is smaller flaps than the shark, larger winglets, larger stab at the root, differs in Tuttle deck shape, longer canopy, thinner fuselage starting at flap horn to tail post. The tail post is a 1/4 inch square. Wing ribs ribs and span are the same. When I talked to and Charlie he said make the cowling for an exposed head, a flush head or and enclosed engine head. I chose to completely enclose my ST 60 and you will notice a slightly dip of the cowl. Charlie Reeves also enclosed his PA 51. The spinner is 1 1/3 in and not a 2 in. I did make a removable gear but no change in size or location. In reference to the spinner I do have a 1 1/3 blunt nose but I just like the needle nose look. I can not help but think of my friend Lew every time I fly this airplane.
God bless you Lee I know you would be proud.
This  dimensions were confirmed off of Humbler that I had the the privilege of keeping in my shop before it was returned to its proper place." - Jim Lynch. "
"Tight Lines!" H^^
Wes
Wes Eakin

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Humbler and Shark 45
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 04:15:14 AM »
Thanks much for taking the time to explain the differences. I've got a Jetco Shark being framed up by a couple of pals while I finish up some of my other projects. Next year I'm planning on an RSM Shark with electric power and tri gear electric retracts....PhillySkip

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here