News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:42:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vinyl Graphics for Ares  (Read 10385 times)

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Vinyl Graphics for Ares
« on: January 08, 2017, 04:55:15 PM »
Charles I'm sure you have  seen the original Ambroid Ares kit box. On the box is a drawing of a chicken (I think) wearing a Greek war helmet and holding a sword. Could you make up this graphic for the Ares I'm working on now? Also what about the original "Ares" script? Your Pal, PhillySkip

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Vinyl Graphics for Ares
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 05:39:42 PM »
Charles I'm sure you have  seen the original Ambroid Ares kit box. On the box is a drawing of a chicken (I think) wearing a Greek war helmet and holding a sword. Could you make up this graphic for the Ares I'm working on now? Also what about the original "Ares" script? Your Pal, PhillySkip

Skip,

I'm sure I can get that chicken someplace? I have original Ares plans from the 60's, I'll look and see if it's on the plans?

I should have the Ares "text." I've made it a few times, along with the graphics/trim on the model.

Thanks for thinking of CFC Graphics.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 04:16:07 PM »
blank
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 04:28:14 PM by Motorman »

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 06:52:21 PM »
I can probably get it done with this, but a better image would be helpful.

Charles
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:58:55 PM by Avaiojet »
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 08:13:33 AM »
That's what I was looking for the image in the lower left hand corner. Thanks for looking into it for me!  How about 2 of those 6'' tall in red to "match" Rustoleum Gloss Protective Enamel? ....and the Ares Script (not sure of size yet)....Thanks,PhillySkip

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 09:23:45 AM »
That's what I was looking for the image in the lower left hand corner. Thanks for looking into it for me!  How about 2 of those 6'' tall in red to "match" Rustoleum Gloss Protective Enamel? ....and the Ares Script (not sure of size yet)....Thanks,PhillySkip

Skip,

Double check your measurements on the logo, the larger the easier it is for me to make the graphic.

Charles

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 06:04:30 PM »
I'm out of town now will check ASAP,Thanks,Skip

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 07:27:28 PM »
The largest I could use would be 8" tall and they would sit squarely in the center of a wing panel.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 07:42:05 PM »
The largest I could use would be 8" tall and they would sit squarely in the center of a wing panel.

Skip,

I'll check my "ARES" file and see what size I've made them in the past.

Charles

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 05:42:09 PM »
Any word on the Ares stuff in your file? Thanks,Skip

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 06:03:39 PM »

Skip,

I think I said I have the Ares text? Not sure though. I also have the graphics, but I was given the wrong measurements.

They came out a tad small on the model.

An easy fix with new measurements.

How's the other model coming?

Charles

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 05:58:07 PM »

Skip,

I'll draw that chicken logo this week. I need a bit of time on this one. Better art would save me some time.

But I can work with what I have.

Red. It would have to have an outline. Black.

Charles

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 05:31:03 AM »
Red and black would be fine,Thanks PhillySkip

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 07:27:57 AM »
Red and black would be fine,Thanks PhillySkip

Skip,

What color is your model where you will place the graphic?

CB

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 09:58:18 PM »
The wings and flaps are white Monokote at present .Fuse and tail are still in tissue and dope.Waiting to silver coat for good weather. I'm not sure of the final colors yet but black and red graphics would work. I'd like a large "Ares" chicken on the left wing with the name Ares large on the right wing.....Skip

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 04:58:17 AM »
The wings and flaps are white Monokote at present .Fuse and tail are still in tissue and dope.Waiting to silver coat for good weather. I'm not sure of the final colors yet but black and red graphics would work. I'd like a large "Ares" chicken on the left wing with the name Ares large on the right wing.....Skip

Skip,

Is your Ares going to be silver and are you using spray equipment?

Did you know I use aerosol cans and water base plastic modeler's paint for colors shot through an airbrush.?

Anyway, I dug up an old can of Dupli-Color silver which I used to touch up scratches on a car wheel. I plan on using it for a few cockpit pieces.

Anyway, I see on the can the product comes from the "Makers of Krylon products."

Understandable why it's a good product. I might do some tests with Dupli-Color. I know many modelers use it.

When will your Ares get painted?

CB

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 07:24:37 PM »
The Ares will get it's "filler coat" (talc, clear dope,thinner,and some silver dope) when the weather gets warmer and I can paint outside. The wings and flaps are finished in white Monokote. I'll probably paint the rest of the plane with Rustoleum white protective enamel.and trim with red enamel. Rustoleum works great for me.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 07:51:53 PM »
The Ares will get it's "filler coat" (talc, clear dope,thinner,and some silver dope) when the weather gets warmer and I can paint outside. The wings and flaps are finished in white Monokote. I'll probably paint the rest of the plane with Rustoleum white protective enamel.and trim with red enamel. Rustoleum works great for me.

Skip,

Sounds like a winner! Can you post a photo or two.

When I get the logo done I'll post it.

CB

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 06:32:08 AM »
I'll find a photo that is resized to fit here and post it. I think I'd also like those scallops that are shown on the wings and maybe even the fuse.

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 01:22:12 PM »
Here you go...

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 04:45:54 PM »
Skip,

I finally finished drawing that Ares logo.

Hope I can sell a few of them to offset the labor. I had to draw it from scratch.

Now I have to see how my cutter deals with the vectored art. Sometimes changes have to be made because some areas are tiny.

Anybody interested in an Ares logo?

CB

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 09:52:17 PM »
Can't wait to see the graphic. Please let me know what I'll owe you for doing this.Thanks,PhillySkip

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 10:31:59 PM »
Can't wait to see the graphic. Please let me know what I'll owe you for doing this.Thanks,PhillySkip

Skip,

What scallops?

CB

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 08:17:54 PM »
I was referring to the nice trim scheme you see on the fuse of Bill Werwage's "Teal" colored Ares....don't sweat it.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2017, 06:58:54 AM »
I was referring to the nice trim scheme you see on the fuse of Bill Werwage's "Teal" colored Ares....don't sweat it.

Skip,

I have that scheme in vector format for cutting, but never cut one for an Ares. I can cut one in any color but I would need measurements.

I had an Ares as a kid, it's a great looking model.

Logo is done. I have to see how it cuts. Looks great!

Charles

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2017, 01:41:03 PM »
Please post a pic of that graphic when ready. Like I said, don't sweat any other graphics for this plane. I'm waiting for some warmer weather to get some painting done.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 08:06:56 AM »
Please post a pic of that graphic when ready. Like I said, don't sweat any other graphics for this plane. I'm waiting for some warmer weather to get some painting done.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:57:57 PM by Avaiojet »

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2017, 06:06:55 AM »
Cool! Can we make the red to match to match the Rustoleum Gloss Protective Enamel red? I'd be more than happy to send you a "test" piece.Thanks,Thanks,Thanks,...PhillySkip

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 12:41:14 PM »
Cool! Can we make the red to match to match the Rustoleum Gloss Protective Enamel red? I'd be more than happy to send you a "test" piece.Thanks,Thanks,Thanks,...PhillySkip

Skip,

I stock one red, the best red.

Couple of ways to do this graphic. The black you see can be red. Or, the white you see can be red. Then the black can be black or some other color.

If you don't use a color for the white in the graphic, it will be whatever color you place the graphic on.

I suggest having a two color graphic, even if the background, or "fill" color is white.

Maximize the size, this will make cutting easier. I'm not sure all of it will cut? Sometimes adjustments have to be made. Especially when you draw the graphic from scratch.

CB

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 10:40:55 PM »
The wing on my Ares is done in white Monokote .That red and black will work just fine. Do what you think looks nice. How about making the logo 7" tall,by whatever width works for you. I'm getting ready to paint soon. Let's do it!....Thanks,PhillySkip

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2017, 05:12:16 AM »
Skip,

Do you want the "Ares" text? Size?

CB

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2017, 08:31:07 PM »
I hadn't thought about the text as I have a Brodak decal,but it might be nice to have the text .Let me think about some sizes and where they would go....PhillySkip

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2017, 05:51:37 AM »
I hadn't thought about the text as I have a Brodak decal,but it might be nice to have the text .Let me think about some sizes and where they would go....PhillySkip

Skip,

You may also want to consider all uppercase or upper and lower. Could send one of each. Placed on the model for a visual.

You must be close to covering and paint? recent photo if there's changes.

CB

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2017, 08:07:12 PM »
I just need to do a final sanding of the filler coat on fuse and tail feathers, wing and flaps are Monokoted already. I could paint  soon if the weather cooperates.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2017, 08:11:32 AM »
I just need to do a final sanding of the filler coat on fuse and tail feathers, wing and flaps are Monokoted already. I could paint  soon if the weather cooperates.

Skip,

Glad to see you are making progress.

I'll Post a photo of the "Ares" text.

CB

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2017, 10:28:11 AM »
Skip,

Here ya go!

The larger the better.

CB
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:57:27 PM by Avaiojet »

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2017, 05:21:09 PM »
 It has a little too much "red" for my liking .Can the chicken be white,the outline black, the uniform and helmet red? Thanks,Skip

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2017, 07:12:10 PM »
It has a little too much "red" for my liking .Can the chicken be white,the outline black, the uniform and helmet red? Thanks,Skip

Don't ask for blue eyes, you're killing me.   LL~

CB
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:57:06 PM by Avaiojet »

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2017, 04:38:34 AM »
That looks great! I'll need two of those chickens. Also  two "Ares" Script (like on the Ambroid box) approx 8" long by 6" high red with black background, same for fuse sides  two Approx 4x1.5" and two one inch high 90423 (AMA#). Thanks when can I get them ,and what do I owe you? PhillySkip

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2017, 05:34:30 AM »
That looks great! I'll need two of those chickens. Also  two "Ares" Script (like on the Ambroid box) approx 8" long by 6" high red with black background, same for fuse sides  two Approx 4x1.5" and two one inch high 90423 (AMA#). Thanks when can I get them ,and what do I owe you? PhillySkip

Skip,

Double check the size of the chicken logo so it will be as large as possible. Two of each, model tops and bottoms?

E-mail me your address.

CB

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here