News:

• March 28, 2024, 08:31:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hobby Motivation, Going Going, Gone.  (Read 6540 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Hobby Motivation, Going Going, Gone.
« on: May 17, 2017, 09:25:29 AM »
I stood in front of my Abyss this morning. Actually cleaned the thing so it's basically free of building debris.

I just stood there waiting and waiting, simply waiting for some inspiration to surface so I could move forward with my projects. Any project.

Nothing.

A guess, but it looks as though the persistence in undermining our "Once Great Country," is having a toll on me.

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Hobby Motivation, Going Going, Gone.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 11:30:44 PM »
Hey Charles....been there, done that.  Know what your talking about.  We have all probably been in the building/hobby doldrums.  Mine has lasted a few years!  I can feel myself starting to move forward though.  So get back to work darn it....myself and others depend on watching your fab building skills to motivate us!
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 11:49:52 AM »
Hey Charles....been there, done that.  Know what your talking about.  We have all probably been in the building/hobby doldrums.  Mine has lasted a few years!  I can feel myself starting to move forward though.  So get back to work darn it....myself and others depend on watching your fab building skills to motivate us!

Glenn,

My only poster, and you're from a different Country to boot!  H^^

"Others?"  LL~ LL~ LL~

Ya gotta have a good feel for humor these days, even if the jokes you make up are only funny to yourself.  ;D

Anyway, thanks for the pep talk, I know it was difficult.  H^^

I know I shouldn't, but I pay a great deal of attention to Politics, and it can wear one down. Especially when you have been following Politics for only 40 years or so. Oh well.

I think I'll take another look into the Abyss. See what happens.

Glenn! Thanks for the reply, the pep talk and the boost.

It's appreciated.

CB

If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 05:57:46 AM »
Hang around me for a bit and you'll have all of the motivation you need.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 01:40:55 PM »
Hang around me for a bit and you'll have all of the motivation you need.

Skip,

I know you're active, you're also getting ready for Brodaks. Be a winner there!

Hey! You're also miles away.

I've been busy working but I may take a look into the Abyss, see if anything comes back.

Thanks for the reply.

CB

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 06:20:36 AM »
Yo Charles....I'm a "winner" wherever I go!"......:)

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 12:29:33 PM »
Yo Charles....I'm a "winner" wherever I go!"......:)

Skip,

Yes, I know you're a winner. Even more now that your models are sporting CFC's lucky Graphics.

Hey! I looked into the Abyss this morning. Thought I heard something, so I got in close really close.

Faint sounds, almost a whisper from the Abyss, but I know what I heard. I'm sure it sounded like, "If you build it they will come."

Yes, I'm kidding, that's not what I heard. That was a joke.

It was faint, but what I really heard was, "TEXACO 13," TEXACO 13."

CB

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 08:25:14 PM »
I'm having some teething pains with the Ares. The "original" home made Fancer like tank keeps splitting on seams.Muffler pressure was pushing fuel out of these minute cracks. I'm waiting on ARF Nobler 6oz clunk tank to replace it. Couldn't get a "run" out of the old tank. One thing is for sure,these Ares can sure cut a corner.

Offline Avaiojet

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 09:20:29 AM »
Skip,

I know you replaced the Ares tank with the TF Nobler tank.

How did that work out for you?

Hey Skip?

I've been getting a bit of inspiration and gave some thought about a few models I'm working on, or will be actually.

I thought about a name for the biplane pusher.

I do like the Bond 007 thing, so what do you think of "Pusher Galore?"

Not carved in stone.

CB

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 06:46:00 PM »
The Nobler plastic tank works fine just make sure the fuel feed line is positioned as close to the beams as possible. This will give you same speed upright and inverted(may need to be shimmed at bit to get it just right.)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here