News:

• March 29, 2024, 02:20:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Really dazed and confused now  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Ken Keller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Really dazed and confused now
« on: July 17, 2016, 09:03:39 AM »
On Fri. I ordered parts and pcs. from Brodak. Got them Sat. Patty has always been super and I never get a wrong order from her. Here is why I'm confused ; on back cover of Control Line World , April 2011 ,is a picture of Bob Reeves' .15 Fury (beautiful plane). Has a clear shot of bellcrank hook up. On page 55 of Brodak catalog is same pic., under 'other items required' it states bb-376 bellcrank ,2-1/2" upright short span, in previous post I asked if it was right one and all said yes. For the life of me I can't see how bb-376 is the right one ! After looking at actual bellcrank pictures , I think I need BB-382 , so that pushrod is closer to fuse. Am I wrong or is catalog wrong ? HELP, ken.

Offline eric david conley

• Captain
Re: Really dazed and confused now
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 12:48:14 PM »
     You get the prize Ken, the picture of the plane with a 3-wire bell-crank shows the 382 NOT the 376. Happens all the time, so many 3-wire bell-cranks and everyone of them suits a different purpose. This is a good place to get information on carrier but if you doubt what you have been told you have to ask more questions and give details and expect to get details back or ask again.
     I have used the 376 many times when I mounted the BC on the outside of the fuselage but on the inside of the fuselage its the 382 and this is because it places the elevator push rod next to the fuselage. Good thinking.
Eric

Offline Ken Keller

• New Pilot
Re: Really dazed and confused now
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 07:36:15 AM »
Thanks for the reply Eric. I was starting to think all my old brain cells had died off !!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here