News:

• April 25, 2024, 09:30:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Possible new Carier kit for .15 or ?  (Read 2766 times)

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Possible new Carier kit for .15 or ?
« on: April 26, 2017, 08:11:31 AM »
I am beginning to think that the pain pills I have been taking lately have given me a whole new activity bent. Yesterday I as surfing on E-bey and found a new kit made in PA. it is a Zero and the picture shows a built up wing, profile body and a 300+ square inch wing. What he heck, for only  about $72 I bought one. When it comes I will give a better report on its potential. Check it out, it is listed under a Control Line kit heading.
Joe
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Offline Chris Wilson

• Admiral
Re: Possible new Carier kit for .15 or ?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 04:22:15 PM »
Nice one Joe, hope the meds are working well for you.

Chris.
MAAA AUS 73427

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
 Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.  It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 08:47:06 PM »
I wasn't able to find anything like what you describe -- can you give any better search info, a link, or the sellers ID, please?  Thanks in advance.
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 07:22:48 AM »
I wasn't able to find anything like what you describe -- can you give any better search info, a link, or the sellers ID, please?  Thanks in advance.

Mike here is what I can offer as listed on my ebey confirmation email. .

Sellers Name....Chanlau1

I found this plane by typing in  Control Line Kit under the toy nd hobby listing on the search.

The name of his company is....M.S. Models   the name looks like it refers to his fist and last name.
I will PM his address and phone # right away.
Joe

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 11:00:41 AM »
I have bought from chanlau1 before - He is not Mark Shope.  Apparently, there is no web links for Mark Shope or M.S. Models and searching RCGroups didn't turn up anything either.  I went ahead and purchased the other M.S. Models kit listed by chanlau1 - a Spitfire.  Figured it looked like a fun flyer whether or not it can be 'Navalized'.  These are going to be Profile sized, not .15 Carrier sized.  Looks like it might fit your NW Sport .40 rules.
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 07:17:07 AM »
I got the kit Saturday. It was rapped better than an another kit I have ever bought! Contents look like quality stuff, but I haven't had a chance to really look at it much since I opened the kit.  perhaps today. I spent most of yesterday afternoon wishing I could have gone to Portland, OR for a contest.  It was tough not to be there.  If I had owned a dog I might have kicked him in frustration.
Joe

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 09:03:21 AM »
Joe
Never kick your dog
John

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 11:46:18 AM »
I received my Spitfire kit today .. well packaged as Joe said.  The parts for other models in the series are shown on the plans.  Has a diamond airfoil and a VERY short nose.  I really don't see it as much of a candidate for converting to carrier as it's designed for RC combat and by the time you replace parts with something that will work in carrier, you will have replaced most of the kit itself.  Like I said above, I will make a sport flyer/trainer out of it or sell it at the next swap meet.

As to the kicking of dogs, I remember a list I saw once a long time ago -- It was a "Calendar of Holidays, for people who only drink on holidays"

June 8th .....  "Kick a Cocker Spaniel Day"
  June 9th .....  "Nurse Your Cocker Spaniel Bites Day"  .....

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:48:47 PM by Mike Anderson »
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 05:35:36 PM »
always remember dogs can bite

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 09:45:40 PM »
Have tried the item number,  control line kit and seller name, nothing comes up.  now any body who abuses a dog or any animal should receive the same treatment. mw~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 10:17:44 PM »
Nothing comes up because he only had the Zero and the Spit - 1 of each and now they are sold.  If you do an "advanced search" on chanlau1, you can see his other items. If you check the "Completed Sales" box, you probably can see these two.  He is not the producer of these kits, just a modeller who is selling them.  As I detailed above, I can find nothing on line about MS Models or the designer/producer Mark Shope.

There is an email address in the kit but no catalog, no website, and no list of other kits.  The plans do show some other 'designs' - changes in tail shapes, wing tips, etc.  But there is really no thought given to making it a viable control line plane, much less a contest carrier plane.

Here is the link to the Spitfire ad. You will have to scroll down a ways when the page opens.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spitfire-Control-Line-C-L-R-C-Fighter-Model-Airplane-Kit-by-M-S-Models-NIB-/332182334849?hash=item4d579c2d81:g:VXMAAOSwpkFY74Fz

I had a cat once .... it ran away ... we are BOTH much happier now.

Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 08:40:01 AM »
cats are very independent .  Dogs are buddies for life.

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 09:42:00 AM »
I spend some time looking and working on the plans and finally decided it would not be a kit that would work for much other than R/C Combat, so I gave it way.
Joe

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here