News:

• March 29, 2024, 05:05:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dimensions for Sterling Corsair "Spinner"  (Read 1843 times)

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Dimensions for Sterling Corsair "Spinner"
« on: June 21, 2017, 11:51:52 AM »
      Hello All:

I have a very nice Sterling Corsair that needs a realistic shaped and sized spinner.  I can have one made to scale but what size would it be? I do not have the plans for reference.  Perhaps one of you Scale guys can help me with the dimensions and shape for a scale "prop nut."

Tia,

Frank McCune

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Dimensions for Sterling Corsair "Spinner"
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 07:29:46 PM »
I believe that model was 36 " span, just scale up a 3 view to that size. If that is a problem I can do it Tommorrow
John

Offline eric david conley

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 09:31:38 PM »
     I didn't know the Corsair ever had a spinner unless you mean the cover it had in front of the propeller that cover the shaft from the engine? An acorn bolt?
Eric

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 08:05:23 AM »
If you want to know or see more, do an internet search of "Hamilton Standard Hydromatic propeller".

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 03:25:02 PM »
What ever you call it , for a 36" span model it is 1.07 long, from the front of the prop hub and ,58 inch in diameter. I think Mecoa might have an an acorn nut that is close.
http://www.mecoa.com/acc/nut_washers/spinnuts.htm

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 04:47:35 PM »
What ever you call it , for a 36" span model it is 1.07 long, from the front of the prop hub and ,58 inch in diameter. I think Mecoa might have an an acorn nut that is close.
http://www.mecoa.com/acc/nut_washers/spinnuts.htm

I have a Higley Aluminum safety spinner, .879 dia. X 1.035 OAL X 1/4x28 thread, New in package. $6.00 plus shipping.
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here