News:

• April 19, 2024, 10:24:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wing and Fuselage Jig  (Read 3727 times)

Offline fred cesquim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
    • Fred Cesquim Aeromodelos
Wing and Fuselage Jig
« on: July 26, 2016, 08:47:09 AM »
i teamed up with my good friend and project ace Luis Struffaldi and we came up with this Jig

designed for general building of wings and fuselage, works for C/L and R/C as well!

we have laser cut from MDF (fiber board) 1/4. the base is cut in 3 parts, you have to glue them for shipping purposes

dimensions are 27" x 72" long. you can built pratically any C/L model wing easily, as well as fuselage.

same applies to R/C , and if the builder follows our instructions, even bigger planes are ok

Model shown is a 25 sized stunt

the sliders can be adjusted for almost any LE and TE shapes

notches are for rubber bands to hold sticks tight

once you finished one side of the wing, you can flip it over and sheet the other side without distorting anything

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
Re: Wing and Fuselage Jig
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 09:12:33 AM »
Fred, will you guys be selling these? And will it bring me closer to your level of building? ? :o

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 09:57:16 AM »
well thought out jig.

~running from warped wings since 1949

Offline fred cesquim

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 10:06:34 AM »
Fred, will you guys be selling these? And will it bring me closer to your level of building? ? :o

thanks for the comments!
we are thinking what to do, since is prohibitive to mail them from Brazil
maybe some USA or UK company can buy the project and cut locally....still working on that
about the building level, well, at least the plane can be precisely "levelled" with the Jig!thanks!

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 12:29:32 PM »
Pat Johnson?

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 01:12:31 PM »
I have developed bad eyes and shaky hands

I would invest a modest fair sum of $$ for this well done jig if it was for sale
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »
Fred,

Excellent engineering and construction as usual. I wouldn't expect anything less from your office.  H^^

I hate building wings, if I had a few extra bucks, your wing jig could cure me of that.

See how things go.

Again, congratulations on your efforts and fine results.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 07:10:40 PM »
How about selling the files individually so we could get them cut locally? H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Luis Strufaldi

• Ensign
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 06:51:23 AM »
I don't know about getting to Fred's level, because I have never seen anything like one of his planes (they are unbelievable!), but a jig - any jig for that matter - will definitely improve your game. I can attest to that personally.

I gave our first prototype to a very good friend of mine that had never built a larger (bigger than 25 size) plane and we set out to assemble a couple of PROMO 40 (something like a Twister).

We took maybe half an hour to 45 minutes to put the jig together, check dimensions and alignments. After that, it was a quick job to position the parts and glue everything. Best of all, just popped the wing out and started positioning the parts for the second one. In less than 3 hours we had 2 wings ready and, best of all, they were STRAIGHT!

Check the photos!
Luis Strufa

--------------------
After 30 years in this hobby, I think I'm finally moving up to "Beginners class"!

Offline fred cesquim

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 07:58:00 AM »
Fred,

Excellent engineering and construction as usual. I wouldn't expect anything less from your office.  H^^

I hate building wings, if I had a few extra bucks, your wing jig could cure me of that.

See how things go.

Again, congratulations on your efforts and fine results.

Charles

thanks a lot Chareles, you´re very kind as always!
i have to share this with Luis, he´s amazing on developing solutions !
i love building wings, and hate fuselages! we can work something out lol
thanks man!

Offline fred cesquim

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 08:00:30 AM »
I don't know about getting to Fred's level, because I have never seen anything like one of his planes (they are unbelievable!), but a jig - any jig for that matter - will definitely improve your game. I can attest to that personally.

I gave our first prototype to a very good friend of mine that had never built a larger (bigger than 25 size) plane and we set out to assemble a couple of PROMO 40 (something like a Twister).

We took maybe half an hour to 45 minutes to put the jig together, check dimensions and alignments. After that, it was a quick job to position the parts and glue everything. Best of all, just popped the wing out and started positioning the parts for the second one. In less than 3 hours we had 2 wings ready and, best of all, they were STRAIGHT!

Check the photos!

Luis, you´re a gentlemen! thanks for the words
he´s great on the projects, i can assure you all!
and yes, the Jig makes building wings almost fool proof
you really need to be sloppy or drunk to warp a wing or fuse with it

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here