stunthanger.com
News:
CICK HERE---->    <----CLICK HERE

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2017, 12:27:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I sure miss Shultzie  (Read 4602 times)
RC Storick
Teaching craftsmanship
Administrator
Trade Count: (0)
Admiral

The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut

StuntHangar Stunthangar
« on: December 20, 2016, 04:43:28 PM »

It has taken me a while to come to grips Shultzie is gone. Merry Christmas Shultzie and I hope you took your Stunt Hangar Jacket with you to the ultimate flying circle to let them know we are here.

I will need another moderator for this section if anyone wants the job and knows a thing or two for the good ole days drop me a PM.

AMA 12366

Mark Scarborough
Admiral

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 07:28:17 PM »

THanks SParky, SHutlzie was a good friend, and Randy P and I miss him alot,,

For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137
Brett Buck
Admiral

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 07:56:46 PM »

It has taken me a while to come to grips Shultzie is gone. Merry Christmas Shultzie and I hope you took your Stunt Hangar Jacket with you to the ultimate flying circle to let them know we are here.

I will need another moderator for this section if anyone wants the job and knows a thing or two for the good ole days drop me a PM.

You probably never met him in person, but as kooky as he seemed was exactly as kooky as he was. He was 100% bona-fide Real Deal nutso. A lot of people didn't get it or didn't appreciate it, but I sure did. I only met him once but he was exactly as you would expect and it was great. We lost something when he died.

As a personal aside, he greatly encouraged me in my photography, more-or-less going out of his way to say so. I had a fair bit of conversation with him in private, and he was my #1 fan and coming from a very accomplished professional artist, it really meant something to me.

Brett

john e. holliday
Admiral

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 09:10:15 PM »

Looks like I missed meeting a great one.  I really enjoyed the photos and commentary of his writing.  He is missed. Sad

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days lived.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530
Mark Scarborough
Admiral

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 09:35:34 PM »

You probably never met him in person, but as kooky as he seemed was exactly as kooky as he was. He was 100% bona-fide Real Deal nutso. A lot of people didn't get it or didn't appreciate it, but I sure did. I only met him once but he was exactly as you would expect and it was great. We lost something when he died.

As a personal aside, he greatly encouraged me in my photography, more-or-less going out of his way to say so. I had a fair bit of conversation with him in private, and he was my #1 fan and coming from a very accomplished professional artist, it really meant something to me.

Brett     
THank you Brett, he was as you say,, Kooky,, Eccentric, but a treasure trove of all sorts of info,, and very supportive on an individual basis,,

EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137
Brett Buck
Admiral

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 10:06:13 PM »

THank you Brett, he was as you say,, Kooky,, Eccentric, but a treasure trove of all sorts of info,, and very supportive on an individual basis,,

A lot of people come on that way, but boy, he was the genuine article. Wonderful guy.

Brett
Randy Powell
2016 supporter
Admiral

TreeTop Flyer

randympowell@yahoo.com
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 10:21:22 AM »

Don could be goofy at times and was a genuine character, but a nicer guy you will never meet. He was always willing to help and we had many a long discussion on not just model planes, though there was a lot of that, but on all kinds of topics. I remember sitting in a coffee shop in Gig Harbor and talking about the nature of judging, psychology and perception. He was a bright guy and I miss him tremendously.

Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711

Randy Powell
Mark Scarborough
Admiral

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 10:49:01 AM »

Don could be goofy at times and was a genuine character, but a nicer guy you will never meet. He was always willing to help and we had many a long discussion on not just model planes, though there was a lot of that, but on all kinds of topics. I remember sitting in a coffee shop in Gig Harbor and talking about the nature of judging, psychology and perception. He was a bright guy and I miss him tremendously.
I wish that I had that oppurtunity Randy I am glad you did,,

EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137
john e. holliday
Admiral

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 09:42:15 PM »

Which one of you two is going to try and take his place?  Yes, I know he can't be replaced. Hoff

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days lived.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530
Bill Little
Admiral

Second in COMMAND

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 06:41:23 AM »

Unfortunately, I never got to meet Schultzie in person..... I did have MANY phone conversations with Don and came to really respect him.  A finer, or more talented, guy we could never meet and I really miss him.
Bill

Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! Grin )

Trying to get by
Serge_Krauss
Admiral

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 08:08:21 PM »

What a magnificently talented guy. 'miss his friendly and funny posts and especially his art, when he chose to show us some. I really appreciated seeing the old pictures and reading the stories.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: